Trident V2 vs. Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezz

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Idaho
I'm torn between these two atomizers. I'm probably going to end up with both of them in the long run, but can't decide what to get first. Anyone with experience on either care to shed some light that may help me make a decision?

Omega: I like the Omega in terms of size, looks good on a Nemesis, and the ability to close of air holes to stick with a single coil, or move to a dual coil. I don't like the thought of where the coils sit in relation to the air holes. Maybe it won't be a pain to keep the coils above the air holes, I don't know.

The Trident V2: I like adjustable air flow like the Omega. With a smaller chamber, seems like it would produce a more dense vape. Love the way it looks, just haven't been able to find it on a Nemesis if aesthetics ever become the deciding factor. Seems like it may be better built than the Omega?

So tear em apart for me guys, let me know any pros and cons for those who have had experience with them. Let's hear it!

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Omega cons IMO was that the holes sat TOO low, and i hate building on posts without holes!
Omega pros : well, i cant think of any that set it apart other than that its 22mm and the single airhole option.

Trident V2 cons : Rings are a bit tight even on the V2 for the bottom.
Trident V2 pros : Multiple air hole sizes, can close off single airhole as well. I think it looks cooler but thats just opinion :) The slotted posts are stupid easy to work with. As you said flavor is better with the smaller chamber.

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
My personal preference would be the omega. I just got one and I love it, my first dual coil 24g build (yea I know a little ridiculous) 2-15 wrap microcoils @0.5 ohms and the flavor is great. Not a fan of the trident simply because it is the only dripper I have ever had break. The adjustable 510 post stripped out and then the post (both neg and pos) began to twist when I screw the coils in. Now when I fire it it works for about 2 seconds and cuts out. The omega on the other had is a real beauty. If you can opt for the Hcigar version, I hear the ephro, while cheaper, has air-holes that don't quite line up. my :2c:

silber

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
I have an omega and v1 trident

The omega makes a cool vape, the trident makes a warm vape with a stronger flavor. Huge cap vs tiny cap.

The omega leaks out of the air holes, no idea if the v2 trident would

The omega is a PITA to build, the trident is one of the easiest to build.

I only use the omega because it looks really good hybrided on my nemesis, and because the AFC provides more adjustability. The v2 trident is most likely better functionally in every way but it still won't look as good as an omega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread