Triton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Krieger

Jan 22, 2018
Hello, I am new to the forum. I just ordered a Halo Triton 2 starter kit. I am not new to vaping but I am new to the e-cig only vapes. I am switching from a V2Pro all in one, as the tanks leaked too much.

Here is my question. I see online there is an Aspire Triton 2 tank. Is Aspire a different company than Halo, and are they’re tanks meant to be used with the Halo Triton 2?

Which tank is better to use with the Halo Triton 2, The tank that comes with the starter kit, or he Aspire Triton 2 tank?

Also, with the Halo Triton 2, is it meant to be mixed and matched with different tanks, coils batteries and mods made by different companies?

Thanks

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
After doing a bit of googling it appears that the halo triton 2 and aspire triton 2 are totally different devices and merely named after the same American nuclear missile.

The halo triton 2 is an old ego style vape pen and the aspire triton 2 is a much larger device that uses the triton drop in coil

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
After doing a bit of googling it appears that the halo triton 2 and aspire triton 2 are totally different devices and merely named after the same American nuclear missile.

It's possible Aspire named theirs the Triton to keep with their sea theme: Triton (Greek God, messenger of the Sea), Nautilus (Greek for Sailor), Atlantis (lost city/island in Greek Mythology).

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
OK,
Thanks for clearing that up. It was confusing. So, is the Halo Triton 2 a good vape? I ordered it due to its high ratings.

Best Vape Pens for E-Liquid, Dry Herb and Waxes in 2017

Thanks

You'll find varying opinions, but in my opinion it is not. Especially at the price I saw them.

I can think of 3-4 just off the top of my head that I would much rather prefer for roughly 50-75% of the cost I saw the Halo Triton 2.

The Halo Triton 2 is very much 2014 technology with a early 2016 coil. It might only seem like a couple years ago but it's like comparing WWI biplanes to modern Jets.

The problem with these lists is that they aren't personalized. Think of it like cars... you're asking us what we think you should buy as a motor vehicle.

Do you want to drive a motorcycle for that very unique and open experience?

Do you need a minivan that can take a lot of stuff with you wherever you need to go, in an economical way?

Do you need something like a pick up truck, a work horse that can haul a lot of weight?

Or do you want a sports car, super quick that burns through a ton of fuel while looking flashy?

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Keep in mind, everyone is biased.

Best to look at multiple opinions and form your own from there.

A written comprehensive list: Anthony Vapes: Best of 2017

Once you find something that piques your interest, go google it and see if there are re-occuring complaints.

The biggest question is this: do you want to vape like a cigarette (into your mouth, then into your lungs), or like a joint (directly into your lungs)?

Does battery life matter to you? Are you willing to use an external charger with separate batteries?

Do you mind using a box with a tank on it, or you want a slim tube?

Are you convinced you will be vaping long term and want to get a proper set up right away, or do you just want to try it out?

Is this for smoking cessation (using it all day, replacing a serious cigarette habit), or you're planning on vaping when out drinking or whatever?

• Useful

Brad Krieger

Jan 22, 2018
Thanks

I realize there are a lot of options. I will have to read through all the options on the post you linked to.

I am looking for something that hits directly into your lungs rather than like a cigarette. I am looking to buy something for long term use, and I’d rather not have to buy another one for awhile. I’m not crazy about the box mods, would rather a thin tube like look.
I am switching from a V2 Pro Series 7, but the tanks kept leaking.

Thanks again

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It's possible Aspire named theirs the Triton to keep with their sea theme: Triton (Greek God, messenger of the Sea), Nautilus (Greek for Sailor), Atlantis (lost city/island in Greek Mythology).
Except they called it a triton 2. intent and effect are different things. Witness the famous story of the disco unfortunately named “club Foote”

• Agree

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks
I realize there are a lot of options. I will have to read through all the options on the post you linked to.
I am looking for something that hits directly into your lungs rather than like a cigarette. I am looking to buy something for long term use, and I’d rather not have to buy another one for awhile. I’m not crazy about the box mods, would rather a thin tube like look.
I am switching from a V2 Pro Series 7, but the tanks kept leaking.
Thanks again
Welcome and glad you joined.
You could start a new thread and entitle: What is the your best buy tube mod and DL, non leaking tank combination?
Might like to start to look at the Tube DL SMOK Stick V8 Kit,3000mAh Pen-Style Cloud Beast. Not sure about the non leaking though.

• Agree

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
OK,
Thanks for clearing that up. It was confusing. So, is the Halo Triton 2 a good vape? I ordered it due to its high ratings

Thanks

No - it's not a good vape really, especially *for the money*. It's old, expensive and the reviews just reel you in.
Like V2.

...get out o' there and stop trusting the marketing.

I fell for these things and wasted $800 to be still smoking. :eek:

PLEASE don't do the same.
Just DO NOT BUY from these brands.

They pay fake review websites, shady vaping magazines (which are only in it for the money, not your vaping) and reviewers commission so you get ripped off.

Last edited:
  • Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's going to be harder (but not impossible) to find a tube mod that doesn't have an internal battery that will perform DL inhales. With that said, the only one I know of would be a smok product, and you mentioned leaking as well. Hopefully others will be along with more suggestions, but google doesn't give the best results (for many things) and it is extremely true that googling "the best mod of "whatever year" is going to give you paid results and sponsored results, not what you are looking for, I don't think.

Welcome to ECF.

Anna

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
no just no you are buying old equipment for too much money. The smok stick v8 should work pretty good for you. Myfreedomsmokes has the smok stick x8 for 34.95 that has replaceable coils replaceable tank etc. the only problem I've heard of is poor 1c on coils but a quick look on youtube shows how to fix them. A friend uses one every day and has had o problems so I think they got the coil problem figured out.

dhock50

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Sedalia, MO. USA
OK,
Thanks for clearing that up. It was confusing. So, is the Halo Triton 2 a good vape? I ordered it due to its high ratings

Thanks
Its what I started with 5 years ago and it got me off cigarettes, its a nice starter kit. They also have quality juices that are similar to real tobacco. I think you will be happy with it for awhile. Make sure to have extra coils on hand, they sometimes don't last long. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread