Triton Tank - A Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpfilm1994

Nov 10, 2011
Wilmington, NC
So, a week after I ordered my two tanks and two bottles of Kringle's Kurse (and specifying FedEx Ground which is only 2 business days from Halo to SE North Carolina) I finally got them. Thank you to Halo for refunding shipping costs.

The Tank: Kanger T2 shape and style. Everything fit together nice and tight, good finish. The octopus of wicks on the head were uniform in length and a clean white. Ordered a red and blue. Was surprised that there wasn't any Halo branding on the tank. Next batch? Has two air holes at bottom as opposed to the Kanger T3's 3.

Easy to fill. Top (or as some erroneously call it: drip tip) unscrews and you drip liquid into space between atomizer/ air tube and tank sidewall. Probably best to let it sit for a few minutes to let liquid wick into the head.

Use: airy draw but I've been using a competitor's 808 version of the T3 so it did not bother me. Top coil heads produce a warm vapor. Bottom coil heads a cool vapor. With something like Kringle's Kurse a top coil makes the flavor muted, too sweet. My Sub-Zero was fine on the top coil. The menthol shone through nice and strong. Did notice that the hint of Mystic I tasted every time with the bottom coil was gone. Lots of vapor. Running it at 3.9-4.1 volts on my competitor's 808 variable perks up the vapor. Unfortunately it also amplifies the warmth and makes my Kringle's even sweeter tasting.

The tanks are a good step up to the next level for the average Halo/ 808 user. Coming from cartos you will notice a big difference in taste and vapor: stronger taste, more vapor.

The newest version of the T2 should hold up very well and should have no issues with leaking/ gurgling as it appears the air tube wrapped in silicone will prevent this common problem.

Buy one, try it. As with the liquids, taste and choice are subjective.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpfilm1994

Nov 10, 2011
Wilmington, NC
Triton Tanks are top coil. Top coils give a warmer vape as the vapor comes right off atomizer to you. Bottom coils are cooler as the vapor travels up air tube in center that is usually covered by liquid.

As for compatibility, yes. But, if you like a warm vape, get your liquid from Halo then go ahead and get the Triton battery and make it one stop shopping.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I've just recently got a manual (all they have) Triton battery and clearomizer setup. I'm experimenting with this as a possible replacement for my automatic ECHO gear, which is very limited in clearomizers or cartomizers that work well with all VG juices. So far the transition from automatic to manual hasn't been too bad, but I still prefer how the excellent automatic ECHO batteries operate by comparison. The Triton clearomizers I'm using now only have the 2 air holes, and are a bit airy, but I've had no leak issues, and these clearomizers so far seem to deliver good vapor production and flavor. For me, the jury is still out on how well these will hold up to all VG juices. So far, so good, but I've only been using them for about 3 days - which is actually better than I'd usually get with ECHO clearomizers (which are usually only good for about 2 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread