Type of coils to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaptallica666

Nov 19, 2014
chicago
Hi just need to ask what is the best kind of coil to use in regard to the number of ohms. I have a kanger protank 1, a mini protank 2, and a kanger evod.The batteries I use are a 650 mh , a 1100 mh ego style as well as a vision spinner 2 1600 mh. The salesman at my local vape shop recommends to use 1.8 ohms but I think he just wants me to buy them because they are more expensive then other ones and they seem to not last as long.

Should I switch over to a higher ohm coil, like a 2.2 or 2.4 ?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, cost should not be different. For the MODs you are using it is fine. You are using pretty simple systems...1.8 is fine. He sounds a bit shady.

Keep in mind that Vape shops have to pay employees and they do it as cheaply as possible to keep prices competitive. That means someone who is enthusiastic for it and is interested in your vaping happiness, or someone who is just there for the minimum wage. Watch for a good employee.

Last edited:

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Between those choices I would go with the 1.8. The others are too high for a 3.7v battery like you have and wouldn't give you as much vapor or flavor. I disagree your coils are disposable. I still have my originals from a year ago and still use them on occasion.

Get a few extras and some Sugar 'n Cream natural yarn at Michael's ($2, $1.40 w/ coupon!). Every few days take your atty (the part you're talking about buying) and wiggle the chimney part until it pops off. Under you'll see a few strands of wicking. Measure its length then throw it away as that's what you'll replace with the yarn. Rinse the parts under hot water then let them soak overnight in some cheap vodka (I still have my Tupperware full of it). The next day or whenever, rinse off the parts and then take the lower part and screw it into the base of one of your clearomizers. Put that on your battery and pulse the switch until the stinking smoke stops coming off the coil and just begins to glow red. After it cools take a small piece of yarn equal to the length of the discarded piece and place it in the groove above the coil. Replace your chimney.

Fill 'er up and let the ejuice soak in. I guarantee you'll get a better vape and flavor than what you started with and if you maintain this routine you'll rarely need to buy replacements.

Welcome to vaping!

vaptallica666

Nov 19, 2014
chicago
Between those choices I would go with the 1.8. The others are too high for a 3.7v battery like you have and wouldn't give you as much vapor or flavor. I disagree your coils are disposable. I still have my originals from a year ago and still use them on occasion.

Get a few extras and some Sugar 'n Cream natural yarn at Michael's ($2, $1.40 w/ coupon!). Every few days take your atty (the part you're talking about buying) and wiggle the chimney part until it pops off. Under you'll see a few strands of wicking. Measure its length then throw it away as that's what you'll replace with the yarn. Rinse the parts under hot water then let them soak overnight in some cheap vodka (I still have my Tupperware full of it). The next day or whenever, rinse off the parts and then take the lower part and screw it into the base of one of your clearomizers. Put that on your battery and pulse the switch until the stinking smoke stops coming off the coil and just begins to glow red. After it cools take a small piece of yarn equal to the length of the discarded piece and place it in the groove above the coil. Replace your chimney.

Fill 'er up and let the ejuice soak in. I guarantee you'll get a better vape and flavor than what you started with and if you maintain this routine you'll rarely need to buy replacements.

Welcome to vaping!

So It's the wick that gets burnt or the little metal spring ? I've looked inside and the metal spring looks black is that a normal color ?

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
So It's the wick that gets burnt or the little metal spring ? I've looked inside and the metal spring looks black is that a normal color ?

The spring you see is the coil. The wick goes through the coil and depending on the coil, there may also be a flavor wick on top of the coil. The black suff you see is just residue from vaporizing juice and can be cleaned off by dry burning. If you want to extend the life of the coil, look up dry burning coils on you tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread