Typical... Battery/Charger Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
So i saw this wicked deal on vaporjoes, and everyone has always talked up panasonic batteries, so i pulled the trigger (only 3 left after i ordered!)

Amazon.com: 4pcs Panasonic CGR18650CH 3.6 Volt Li-ion shipping free 18650 Battery 2250 mAh: Everything Else

Which means that now I actually have to order my Vamo. Which I will be doing momentarily.

But my question is, what the hell is the difference between all these chargers? Everyone always drops the Nitecore name like it's the Provari of chargers. But I found a similar charger on vaporjoes, and what seems like the exact same thing on amazon as well. Is Nitecore just a more trusted brand? Does it matter which of these 3 I order? Should I order a different charger all together?

http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-I4-Intellicharger-Combination-Batteries/dp/B007P5T1S0
Amazon.com: Sysmax Intellicharge I4 V2 Universal 4 Channel Li-Ion Ni-Cd Ni-MH Smart Charger: Everything Else
Amazon.com: JETBeam IntelliCharger i4 PRO Charger V3 - 3rd Generation - 2013 Enhanced Version (Black) - for charging 18650, 16340(RCR123), 14500, etc.: Camera & Photo

As always, thanks in advance for the help. Also, since I'm set on the 18650's for my Vamo that I am about to order... in like 2 minutes... has anyone seen decent prices on 18350's? Also, is there really that big of a difference between eFest and AW?

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
They look like the same charger. The i4 is nice because it charges other types of battery outside Li-Ion (so if you've got a bunch of NiMh for your console controllers, etc). It seems to have a solid list of features and more recommendations on here than you can shake a stick at. I intend on ordering one very soon along with a 12v cord if I can find/piece one together.

So I'd choose the one your most comfortable ordering from and after that cheapest price.

I've read that the efest have a higher C rating (can dump more amps) than the AWs. This only will really come into play on mechanical mods running low ohm coils though.

I get my batteries from RTDVapor. They may not have the best price, but RTD is a solid vendor, good CS & fast getting things out the door.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
Thompson, I appreciate the advice. For some reason, the fact that the Nitecore is like $5-6 cheaper than the other chargers is causing me to wonder about it. Perhaps that's the wrong way to look at it. Months of browsing these forums and Nitecore is the only name I can recognize when it came to chargers, so perhaps the solid list of features and recommendations should be all I need. Plus, it comes with a car charger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread