ultimate screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
you don't need a lathe , the generic classic bat and the 901 atomizer are the same diameter ( 9.35mm) so the battery can be used for the adaptor.

keep the thread in the battery, remove everyting else in there, cut to deired length ( probably around 12mm long ) remove female thread from 901 atomizer. solder a wire to connect the centre poles of the male and female threads , insulate it, push the 901 atomizer threaded connector into the cut down battery housing.

Job done.

I shall try it in the week.

get to it dude.. just bear in mind its not how we would or could do it.. somehow structural strength has to be added if u dont want it to fall apart the first time any sidewards load is applied to it.. breaking it "unbreakable" is one reason we aint keen on offering one to the public..

returns is one thing we are trying hard to avoid..

trog

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
get to it dude.. just bear in mind its not how we would or could do it.. somehow structural strength has to be added if u dont want it to fall apart the first time any sidewards load is applied to it.. breaking it "unbreakable" is one reason we aint keen on offering one to the public..

returns is one thing we are trying hard to avoid..

trog
I know what you mean trog , the battery method isn't an ideal way to do it for a manufacturer's point but for the diy'er it seems a simple way to solve the need.

this is all guess work , i have yet to put it into practice so it may all go .... up yet ;)

edisme518123

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2008
Daytona Beach, Florida (USA)
I know what you mean trog , the battery method isn't an ideal way to do it for a manufacturer's point but for the diy'er it seems a simple way to solve the need.

this is all guess work , i have yet to put it into practice so it may all go .... up yet ;)

That's exactly Trog's point. He does not wish to produce these because it increases the probability that he'll have to handle returns from a most likely unreliable product. This would be better supplied by a diy'er or the like, or possibly personal order product. I.e.:send in a dud and receive an adapter.

On another note: How difficult would it be to salvage a segment of the tubing used to contain the battery and simply connect one adapter to each end. This would end the problem of durability and would equate to slightly smaller than the piece used for the Janty Kiss Classic manual switch.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
On another note: How difficult would it be to salvage a segment of the tubing used to contain the battery and simply connect one adapter to each end. This would end the problem of durability and would equate to slightly smaller than the piece used for the Janty Kiss Classic manual switch.

that's precisely what i was explaining in post #19. ;)

you don't need a lathe , the generic classic bat and the 901 atomizer are the same diameter ( 9.35mm) so the battery can be used for the adaptor.

keep the thread in the battery, remove everyting else in there, cut to deired length ( probably around 12mm long ) remove female thread from 901 atomizer. solder a wire to connect the centre poles of the male and female threads , insulate it, push the 901 atomizer threaded connector into the cut down battery housing.

Job done.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread