Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hey guys. I have been looking into getting a wooden box mod. They look so good. I would rather regulated, but it seems the best looking ones are often mechanical. Any ideas on a great looking wood mod. One more question is; I always get authentic toppers and reg devices but I have bought one clone mech mod because they just havn't produced enough pegasus'. Are the clone wooden mech (dual 18650) mods just as safe as the mech clones?

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Clones and Authentics are as safe as the user. As long as you know what you're doing, you should be fine.

Authentics might be a tad "safer" for the inexperienced vaper, as their QA is more stringent, but as long as you know how your mod works, you shouldn't have any issues.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Oh yea...forgot to mention the mod...if you're dead set on a wood mod, and want an authentic. They're gonna cost you a pretty penny. >$200 a lot of times. If you don't mind spending that kind of money, go for it. They are beautiful, and will last a lifetime if properly cared for.

There's lots of clones and I'll probably get this one on my next FT order. Based on reviews, it seems pretty nice. I'll probably end up reworking the wood, so it "looks sexy" but I like how it comes with a mosfet and no logo.

$25.78 Beast Box Styled Mechanical Mod (2*18650, Wood (flat sideline)) at m.FastTech.com

Reactions: Zutankhamun

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I've held that Beast Box clone in my hand and as much as I hate to say it they're almost identical aside from the button being a bit more flimsy on the clone. They're both just as safe (as safe as an unregulated mod can be). As long as you understand ohm's law and know your battery limits on your set resistance and what not you're perfectly fine.

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
Hey guys. I have been looking into getting a wooden box mod. They look so good. I would rather regulated, but it seems the best looking ones are often mechanical. Any ideas on a great looking wood mod. One more question is; I always get authentic toppers and reg devices but I have bought one clone mech mod because they just havn't produced enough pegasus'. Are the clone wooden mech (dual 18650) mods just as safe as the mech clones?
You mean like this.

The ePipe Forum

Some really great things being done with wood over there.

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Is 100 dollars your very top end budget? For139.99 you can get an authentic wood box mod with outstanding customer support made in the Philippines but local vape in California handles all their support so local support right here in the US. Dual 18650s and solid copper wire throughout, very clean interior no exposed wiring or anything like that... it's a great vape.

Urban Mist Box Mod

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread