URGENT MESSAGE FROM MS T's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
If you are receiving emails from Ms T's regarding anything OTHER THAN your current order, PLEASE DISREGARD!! It seems that old emails (from between May and December) are randomly getting resent. Please look for old dates on these emails. We are trying to get this resolved as soon as possible. I thought it might be a Gmail thing, but now we aren't sure.

We are very sorry if you receive one of these emails, and we are receiving hundreds ourselves. If you send an email before this gets resolved, please be patient waiting for a response. Right now I am having to go through old emails that are getting sent to us, replies from people receiving old emails from us, system emails regarding current orders, and customer emails regarding current orders.

It may be best to hold off on nonessential emails at the moment. If you received a confirmation email when you placed your current order, then that means your email address is current in the system and you WILL RECEIVE status updates about your order. If you have not received a status update, your status has not changed! The many emails I receive asking about order status would be unnecessary if you realize that as your status changes you will receive an email. One can also log into their account and see what the order status is. The information in the account comes from the same data that I see, so you can save yourself alot of time sending and waiting on emails if you log in and check out your own account.

Also regarding the delay on orders, it is still occurring. If you place an order, please be aware that you may have to wait a week and a half or more before receiving your order. People do not seem to read the News and Updates, nor do they read the contents of the Terms and Conditions during the order process for which they check a box saying they have read. Ms T is currently working herself into an unhealthy situation to make sure no one is running out of juice, but people still think we are an "off the shelf and into the box" kind of company, and get upset that they have to wait. We are not happy about the delay, but it may persist for a bit.

Again, sorry for all the random emails, we will get it resolved as soon as we can.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

nicosnack

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Oh man! I thought it was going to be something horrible... like my order would be delayed.

May I make a suggestion to Ms. T? In light of your increasing popularity and choice to keep the operation small, you might put something up on your site along the lines of:

"Ms. T takes pride in her hand-made, personally crafted juices. Her commitment to the highest and most delicious juices requires a bit more effort and a bit more time. Ms. T's juices are crafted, not manufactured, so please be patient! Allow about 1 week for your shipping notice before contacting us about your order. We think you will say along with our regular customers: "Ms. T's juice is worth the wait!"

If you just make that the norm then people won't panic a few days after ordering.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks for the update. I received a couple of these emails myself. Also, just an FYI, I tried to log into the site to check and see what my account was showing and it told me I didn't have one. Might be something related to it.

Did you re-enter all your account information since the website change? If not, that's what your problem is. None of the info from the old site was migratable (new word, just coined ;-P ) to the new site.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
No news and updates since 3/3 and then when I logged out and logged back in to see if I could duplicate scheherezade's problem, that disappeared and the latest is 2/24. Weird things a happenin'. Brandon, is T okay health wise? Taking a little bit of a breather after some marathon sessions? Best to you both, Scott.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
OK, more info. We have isolated the problem to Go Daddy, our previous web hosting service. We switched over from them to our new provider in December, 2010. Perhaps you sent us an email in the past, but you were told it was never received. Maybe you didn't receive status updates about your orders. You could have been one of the many who clicked the "forgot my password" link on the old site and never received a response. There were hundreds of orders I never received in my email (although Ms T got them from the server itself and they were filled). Go Daddy never had an answer for this, but we have now discovered that all of those emails were on one of their servers, and it started spewing like a geyser last night and today. Once we narrowed it down, they attempted to figure out the problem. I thought I was going to throw up when it accelerated and I got 200 emails in about an hour. I can't imagine how many of you have been receiving these as well. This is inexcusable on Go Daddy's part, and Ms T is so NOT happy. Unfortunately, no orders are going out today because Ms T has had to spend hours on the phone in a somewhat futile attempt at getting this resolved. You can thank Go Daddy for that.

So please, if you receive or have received one or more of these emails, delete them and don't worry about contacting us. I have several hundred emails to filter through right now, and people with legitimate questions are having to wait for responses because of the massive amount of garbage in my inbox. DON'T WORRY, NO ONE'S CREDIT CARDS ARE BEING CHARGED FOR ANY OF THESE PAST ORDERS!!! We do not even keep that info on file on the website and never did. Go Daddy thinks they can have this resolved in 24-72 hours. That doesn't do us much good, but maybe at least there is an end in sight.

I have changed the home page to provide some useful information. Since people rarely actually read the News and Updates, FAQ, etc, I am putting info right on the front page so there is no excuse for not reading it. IF YOU HAVE CURRENT QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ORDER STATUS OR WHEN IT IS SHIPPING, PLEASE SEE THE INFO ON THE HOME PAGE. This is the best info we can provide right now. I will be able to provide you nothing more through email or phone, and it is likely right now that you will not get a quick response.

Ms T whole-heartedly apologizes for this problem (over and over), even though we all know it isn't her fault. She is sick over the fact that this is happening. She has recently been attempting to work her fingers directly to the bone, and something like this just makes it harder on her. Please be patient. She is well aware that you are all running out of juice and you are wanting your orders to arrive yesterday. She will be working until she drops. Also, we could do without the legal threat emails please, especially since they are apparently misdirected to us and should probably be going to Go Daddy instead (at least that is MY opinion).

Sorry sorry sorry, please bear with us.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Now this makes sense. I always wondered what happened to those occasionally missing/unreturned emails and email status updates. Evidently Go Daddy is great at making tasteless commercials but providing their actual service? Not so much.

Good luck guys, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel (finding out what was the problem).

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
OH MY!!!!! What a day I had LOL

Welp! Please remember that this has NOTHING to do with m current hosting website provider! This is a GODADDY issue! So that means that there is NO problems with orders that are waiting to be created!

I AGREE with Brandon! There is no need to email or call us regarding this issue! All information that we have has been placed on the site as well! We are usually very good about keeping everyone up to date in the News and Updates or FAQ pages on my site! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! Read the site before emailing or calling!

I have to give a HUGE BIG THANK YOU!!!!! To Brandon for hangin in there with me through this! OMG you are THE BEST!!!!!! I think I owe you big time after this LOL. Boy Brandon wanted to ream GoDaddy Big Time but I held him back! Now that I think about it I should have let him go LOL because he is goin to have a LOAD of WORK to do here for the next couple days!

I know a few of you are a little upset about the email issue! But honestly this is something that is out of our control! There is not a single thing I can do to fix this. Trust me if there was I would have done it by now! So just ignore those emails unless you placed a order from us recently!

Smooches To Y'all
Ms T

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Awww, a couple or ten extra emails are no big deal. (I just wondered if I had reached the point where I was sleep-ordering!) Apparantly my sanity is still intact or at least as close as it will ever be. Hope you guys are doing ok through this. Besides, at least these emails are from someone we like, unlike all the spam that manages to get through our filters everyday.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Hi everyone, our email problem persists. We are not getting the sense of urgency we expected from Go Daddy about fixing this problem, so I don't know where it will end. The errant emails seem to be light this morning, but a great deal of damage has already been done and I do not know what to expect yet from here on out. Many people are receiving these emails and just replying to us, but I thought I would take the liberty of posting the email with which I am replying to people today, in case someone comes here first before replying to us. I wish I had time to tailor my email hundreds of times, but that just isn't possible right now. I think my "form letter" response below sums it up pretty well:

I am terribly sorry about the errant emails that have been sent out, and that this has affected you. These are emails that were stuck on some server with our former host Go Daddy (who we have not used since December, 2010 and NEVER will use again). Those emails were apparently "lost" at the time and stretch over the last year. They never could explain why this occurred when we asked them why so many were missing. All of the sudden over the last three days, this server seems to be purging itself and sending out literally thousands, potentially tens of thousands of emails that were never sent to our customers during 2010. Go Daddy has admitted fault, but they are not being very helpful in stopping the flow of these emails. Sometimes the flow of emails is random and light, and other times it churns them out at a rate of one email every 5 seconds or less for hours on end. We have complained to them over and over, and are expecting that our customers may start complaining to them as well (maybe to someone like smeehan@godaddy.com), since Go Daddy is absolutely the root of this problem and the emails are coming directly from them, not Ms T's. The FTC, Attorney General, and Better Business Bureau will also be hearing from us (and maybe others?) about these harassing emails from Go Daddy. Of course being only one person myself, I am trying to respond to all of the confused customers about this, and of course there is daily business to attend to as well. This is difficult, and Ms T is involved as well. The first day this started, no orders were shipped because unfortunately, Ms T was busy arguing with Go Daddy all day AND night.

Please disregard any old emails from 2010, they obviously are not current in any way. No charges are being made to anyone's credit cards (we do not and have never kept credit card info on file), and any other changes or anything those emails talk about are not occurring. We completely switched over to a new host at the end of December and started with a clean slate, so no customer information was shared between the two. This is why everyone had to recreate their account after the changeover. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, and know that we will fight Go Daddy to the death on this to get it resolved as soon as we possibly can.​

We are sorry about all this, but hopefully, Go Daddy will get the idea soon enough and cease and desist with the spamming.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

radicalfrog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Boothbay Harbor Maine
www.mstsbakery.com
Thanks So Much Everyone for all the kind words.

I do have to mention that we alone received over 600 emails since Sunday! OH YEAH CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? That doesn't include the emails all my customers received! We had emails of people saying that they received more than 3. We had over 1700 customers and over 6000 orders before we moved from GO BADDY!!!! So I have no idea how many people got spammed from GO DADDY!

I am SOOOOOOO sorry for all this! I know I know it isn't my fault but HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!

SMOOCHES TO Y'ALL
Ms T

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I wrote an email...no response yet. You'd think threatening to report them to the various dept.'s, agencies, or legal action would light a fire under their butts. I didn't, but walked the line between polite/sarcastic. :)

I got about 6 or 7 emails yesterday but none today so maybe it's slowing down or maybe it means nothing, but there you go.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Wow, I had a terrible call with Go Daddy tonight that most people wouldn't believe. I have had some horrible customer service experiences in my life, but wow. Really, wow. The absolute refusal to help resolve this without letting it "run it's course" was astounding. I could not even get a technical explanation of WHY this is occurring from the elite data services people that do not talk on the phone. The customer service people that were stuck with me seemingly are allotted no power whatsoever to think for themselves, and flat out refused to connect me with anyone else above them. Of course their technical knowledge of their own systems seemed to be nil. The primary term I heard from 4 or 5 different people was "not an option". I lost count after about 15 times. There were many more than that. Please see the bold update I have provided on the home page of our website under "Important Information", 1. ***URGENT EMAIL ISSUE***, about notifying Go Daddy that you are receiving unwanted email and that you want them to stop. They won't listen to us, maybe they will listen to you.

Brandon
Ms T's Frustrated Bakery
(Yes T, I see what time it is.)

nicosnack

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
The ongoing Go Daddy fiasco sounds like a PERFECT story for consumerist.com, I strongly suggest you shoot them an email about it.

And not to sound like anyone's mom, and purely out of my own self-interest, please Ms. T, take care of your health. Working until late at night will lead to burn-out and lowered immune response which could then well jeopardize my access to your juice. Better a longer wait than none at all because of a crash 'n burn.

The T-Juice Must Flow....

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Sorry to hear about your issues! FWIW, you are not alone having issues with them. No idea why my corporation went with them (I don' thave a say there unfortunately), but they mistakenly added one of our SSL certificates to their certificate revokation list which caused all sorts of issues. It took quite a while to get fixed.

Glad to see you are making great progress again! Don't burn yourselves out there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread