Status
Not open for further replies.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I know there is a lot of information here, but much of it is older, and I would like info that is up to date.

I will be flying from Chicago O'hare to Orlando, FL. If it matters, the airlines is United. I plan on taking a couple of small box mods (lipo batteries), Nautilus, Subtank, and some juice. I was hoping to only do carry on luggage, and I will have a purse with me.

I have 2 questions. What are the current liquid rules? How do I pack the mods/tanks (eg what goes in carryon, checked, purse)?

Also, feel free to give me any other info you may find helpful to me.

Thanks. :)

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
Carry your eliquid in smaller than 3 oz. (3 oz. = 88 ml) plastic bottles inside a quart ziploc bag and put the ziploc in a tray when going through security. Pack your mods and empty tanks (full tanks will leak due to the pressure changes. I know, it happened to me my first time) in your carry-on bag, nothing in checked bags. Iv'e traveled this way both domestic and international and haven't had any problems at all. If possible, remove the lipo's from the mods and pack them safely, separately, just for added safety. I always take my 18650's out of my mods and put them in a battery case. Have a nice trip :)

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Carry your eliquid in smaller than 3 oz. (3 oz. = 88 ml) plastic bottles inside a quart ziploc bag and put the ziploc in a tray when going through security. Pack your mods and empty tanks (full tanks will leak due to the pressure changes. I know, it happened to me my first time) in your carry-on bag, nothing in checked bags. Iv'e traveled this way both domestic and international and haven't had any problems at all. If possible, remove the lipo's from the mods and pack them safely, separately, just for added safety. I always take my 18650's out of my mods and put them in a battery case. Have a nice trip :)

Do you think it is maybe better to take mods that have removable batteries? I was trying to cut down on the stuff, but it doesn't really matter that much either way. Thanks. :)

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
Do you think it is maybe better to take mods that have removable batteries? I was trying to cut down on the stuff, but it doesn't really matter that much either way. Thanks. :)
I just wouldn't want any possibility of firing the batteries in the air, it's your call.

Reactions: serenity21899

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Ok that makes sense. I have not been on an airplane since I started vaping almost 3 years ago. And I do appreciate your input.

I was actually thinking of a couple of Cool Fire IVs just because they have an on/off switch, in addition to the regular on/off function. And don't need extra batteries or a charger. And cheap enough that if something happens it's okay.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't think it will matter at all what pv you take. I have never had any problems flying with any of my mods...carrying them in my purse. The rule (mentioned above) about 3 oz of liquid in a zip lock bag is the only rule that I know of that applies. And that isn't just for e-juice....it's the basic rule for shampoo, hand cream, etc. The airport people know all about e-cigs and I've never run into any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread