USB Passthrough Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmoose

Dec 18, 2009
USA
Did your (battery model) USB Passthrough die or are you just not satisfied with its performance; wait, before tossing it out in a fit of anger, consider converting it into a standalone ENI.

Here’s all it took.

1. De-soldered the input and output leads from the PCB and removed them.
2. De-soldered the components from the PCB (leave the battery box connector tabs in place).
3. Recycled the battery connector and JB Welded it on the end where the USB lead entered the box. I needed to round file the hole to fit the battery connector and trim the PCB back a bit for more room.
4. Mounted a tactile switch on the outside of the box (same end as the battery connector); drilled four small holes and passed the switch leads through the box, then, glued the switch in place.
5. Wired (soldered) the PCB negative battery tab directly to the battery connector shell.
6. Wired (soldered) the PCB positive battery tab, via the switch, to the battery connector center pin.
7. Cut a black plastic RCA plug body to the same height as the switch and glued it in place surrounding the switch.
8. Trimmed a cartomizer condom to fit over the RCA plug body.

Voila!

Attachments

• 510-pt-mod.jpg
    510-pt-mod.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

ezmoose

Dec 18, 2009
USA
That's really nice, and it's small too, recycle for the win. :) What kind of battery life can you get out of it?

Thanks!

I'm using an UltraFire LC 10440 500mah battery. I'm rarely sure how long any particular ENI lasts before it requires recharging because I'm constantly switching between them? I'm typically vaping three different flavors on three different devices.

I suppose I could run it exclusively until it drops to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread