Using my KR808D-1 Cartomizer at 6v

Status
Not open for further replies.

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
When I put my KR808D-1 Cartomizer on my Indulgence with two 16340 batteries (6v), it does not want to work.8-o I thought I fried it, but then when I put it back on the 3.7v again, it was working fine.:) On the indulgence PT (around 5v) it also works fine. :laugh: Is this a built in feature, or just pure luck that it did not fry the cartomizer?:D

mikrosoft

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Aldington Kent UK
Its the batteries i have and many others have on this forum mentioned the same thing.Normal attys (510) and the (carto's) dont work at 6v for me 901 does.Eastmall batteries have been programmed so that if theirs too much drain on the batts they shut off.Thats why they recommend hv attys the indulgence was not designed for running normal attys.I suppose in a way its a safety feature an annoying one but still a safety feature lol.
if im wronge anyone let me know lol.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
When I put my KR808D-1 Cartomizer on my Indulgence with two 16340 batteries (6v), it does not want to work.8-o I thought I fried it, but then when I put it back on the 3.7v again, it was working fine.:) On the indulgence PT (around 5v) it also works fine. :laugh: Is this a built in feature, or just pure luck that it did not fry the cartomizer?:D

Its the batteries i have and many others have on this forum mentioned the same thing.Normal attys (510) and the (carto's) dont work at 6v for me 901 does.Eastmall batteries have been programmed so that if theirs too much drain on the batts they shut off.Thats why they recommend hv attys the indulgence was not designed for running normal attys.I suppose in a way its a safety feature an annoying one but still a safety feature lol.
if im wronge anyone let me know lol.

This is indeed a built in safety feature,

all eastmall batteries have safety pcb built in for your safety
and the protection of the products.

however since so many of you have complained about your safety being taken care of,

we are rethinking the make up of the batteries.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I am not complaining about you taking care of my safety, I just did not know that you where, and how you where taking care of my safety.:vapor: I love it when people take care of me. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Sorry, gerry,

it is just there is a loooooooooong thread in here somewhere with people complaining about how the regular attys wont work on the HV battery option,
I just got tired of it all, cos it is done on purpose to protect you and your attys,
and no one seemed to appreciate that we were thinking of our customers safety.

the indulgence was designed in 4 options

1- the original kit -- designed to work at 3.7V
2- the extended cup designed to work at 3.7 V with 18650 battery
3- the HV option with extended cup and 2 x 3V battery this
is designed to work with HV attys, and the batteries will cut out if the drain is too hard, -
like with some regular attys.
4- and the passthru designed to work at 5Volts.

and the protection of the products that we sell them with.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: hahaha - I love the lil nanas too gerry.

and i love it if someone takes care of me too --- :(:vapor:

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
BART other batteries will work at 6v if you still want to use regular attys i think its just the batteries that are shipped with the unit that have the added safety feature

Yes, this is correct, it is just these battys that we shipped with the 6V extended cup that will cut out on regular 510 and cartomizers,
they seem to work with regular 901 and 801 attys .

there are other 6V batteries that will work with regular attys of course.

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Now I understand much better.:toast: I did once put a normal 901 on my 6v, and it worked, so I thought maybe there was something weird, :blink: that is why I did not even mention it. I must say hover, that it had quite a burnt taste. I had to almost drown the atty. The HV works better for me in any case. :D

Wait for it.
Wait for it.
Here is my buddy the banana man. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
BART other batteries will work at 6v if you still want to use regular attys i think its just the batteries that are shipped with the unit that have the added safety feature

Now I understand much better.:toast: I did once put a normal 901 on my 6v, and it worked, so I thought maybe there was something weird, :blink: that is why I did not even mention it. I must say hover, that it had quite a burnt taste. I had to almost drown the atty. The HV works better for me in any case. :D

Wait for it.
Wait for it.
Here is my buddy the banana man. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

yes, - I agree with you, I do find if you drown the regular atty you can get a couple of decent puffs,
but after that it tastes either hot -- or burned - kinda ----

so i too prefer the HV atty at 6Volts ......

hahaha - Hot atty for Hot vape -- huh ?????:toast:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Yeah -- for banana man. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

mynicknamerocks

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Australia
Sorry, gerry,

it is just there is a loooooooooong thread in here somewhere with people complaining about how the regular attys wont work on the HV battery option,
I just got tired of it all, cos it is done on purpose to protect you and your attys,
and no one seemed to appreciate that we were thinking of our customers safety.

the indulgence was designed in 4 options

1- the original kit -- designed to work at 3.7V
2- the extended cup designed to work at 3.7 V with 18650 battery
3- the HV option with extended cup and 2 x 3V battery this
is designed to work with HV attys, and the batteries will cut out if the drain is too hard, -
like with some regular attys.
4- and the passthru designed to work at 5Volts.

and the protection of the products that we sell them with.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: hahaha - I love the lil nanas too gerry.

and i love it if someone takes care of me too --- :(:vapor:

Di, I've highlighted the section above because it's the part that massively annoys me.

First off - NOWHERE on the site when i purchased my HV cup and batteries did it make mention of this so called "safety feature" and when the problem was discovered it was not treated as a safety feature, nobody from eastmall knew what was happening and you had to have your engineer investigate - this suggests to me that it is not in fact a safety feature and that the above bolded statement is in fact a FABRICATION.

Secondly - If I want to fry my regular atties and taste burnt juice at 6volt with regular atties, I can make that choice myself. If you wont give me that choice - tell me, so i can buy my HV mod elsewhere.

I don't and I'm sure many others who posted about the problem in the thread you mentioned (to help eastmall solve the problem mind you) don't appreciate being represented as a bunch of unnapreciative .......

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Whoa there! :ohmy: I'm quite certain you know how to make your point without being caustic. Being annoyed is one thing, and venting is fine, but there is NEVER a reason to be rude.

Di, I've highlighted the section above because it's the part that massively annoys me.

First off - NOWHERE on the site when i purchased my HV cup and batteries did it make mention of this so called "safety feature" and when the problem was discovered it was not treated as a safety feature, nobody from eastmall knew what was happening and you had to have your engineer investigate - this suggests to me that it is not in fact a safety feature and that the above bolded statement is in fact a FABRICATION.

Secondly - If I want to fry my regular atties and taste burnt juice at 6volt with regular atties, I can make that choice myself. If you wont give me that choice - tell me, so i can buy my HV mod elsewhere.

I don't and I'm sure many others who posted about the problem in the thread you mentioned (to help eastmall solve the problem mind you) don't appreciate being represented as a bunch of unnapreciative .......

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
mynicknamerocks;1403134

after all the investigation

and all the help from our Nice members

this was the answer that was put forward,
and our engineer also put forward this idea
there are many posts from members also giving this as the explanation.

and Yes, please mind your manners.

no one here suggested you were an idiot

and EVERY ONE of our friends who helped by offereing suggestions to find the issue, was thanked.

so no one was unnapreciated.

and I would never call anyone an unappreciative ..... !!!!!!!
you did that ------

and you are told on the page where you buy this option --

dont forget to buy HV attys to go with it. -----

I said I got tired of the issue. thats all.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Gerry,

when Eastmall comes out with all of these

battery to atty adapters, you will be able to smoke any atty on Indulgence and also on RiVa,

I am smoking a DPV9 carty on the Indulgence,
and have done it on the RiVa now also

but I love it on the Indulgence passthru at 6Volts,
with my adjustable power adapter...........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm soooooo goooood -- :vapor::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread