Using up too-strong e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
When I first started vaping, I was advised to start at a much higher nicotine level than what I had been smoking. I was smoking Ultra-Lights, but I started with 1.8 which I couldn't use, then 1.2 which was also too strong. I got some 0.6, and it's perfect for me.

BUT - I now have a lot of too-strong e-liquid just sitting around doing nothing. Yesterday I ordered a DIY e-liquid Kit, and I was wondering if I could use it to do something with those too-strong liquids I have. At $15 per bottle, it would be nice to dilute them somehow so that I can use them up.

Any ideas?

Reactions: Chuck64

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
As daleron said, you can cut it with PG or VG, or a mixture of both. You can also cut it with a 0nic flavored liquid.
To get the 1.2 down to 0.6, obviously you'd cut that one in half. (equal parts of the liquid and the diluent)
To get the 1.8 down to 0.6, you'd use two parts diluent to one part of the liquid.

Reactions: RoseJ

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
That all makes perfect sense, thanks peoples! :)

As it happens, I also got the flavoring too strong, not knowing any better. So cutting them with zero-nic will be perfect. :)

Perfect! Then all you'll need to do is cut it with PG/VG... it's good to note, what atomizer you're planning on running it in. A lot of the older style clearomizers don't handle high VG very well, so you'd want to keep the liquid relatively thin after mixing it down.

Reactions: RoseJ

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
Perfect! Then all you'll need to do is cut it with PG/VG... it's good to note, what atomizer you're planning on running it in. A lot of the older style clearomizers don't handle high VG very well, so you'd want to keep the liquid relatively thin after mixing it down.

Thanks, will do.

Reactions: Kaezziel

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That all makes perfect sense, thanks peoples! :)

As it happens, I also got the flavoring too strong, not knowing any better. So cutting them with zero-nic will be perfect. :)

This is a Very Handy item to have for Mixing/Measuring.

318fpllZXkL.jpg

50ml Glass Graduated Cylinder.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
This is a Very Handy item to have for Mixing/Measuring.

318fpllZXkL.jpg

50ml Glass Graduated Cylinder.

And cheap! $5.39 on Amazon and it has Prime shipping:
50ml Glass Graduated Cylinder

I have several of these at home in various sizes. Then I mix all of my DIY juice in blue mason jars.

Reactions: zoiDman

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
If I remember correctly, I got them in 5ml, 10ml, 50ml, 100ml, 250ml, and 500ml... all glass. I just fill the various cylinders with nic, vg, and various flavors, then pour everything into a mason jar. Put the lid on and shake it all up. I've been making juice a quart at a time for a while now... :lol:

Reactions: YoursTruli

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
When I first started vaping, I was advised to start at a much higher nicotine level than what I had been smoking. I was smoking Ultra-Lights, but I started with 1.8 which I couldn't use, then 1.2 which was also too strong. I got some 0.6, and it's perfect for me.

BUT - I now have a lot of too-strong e-liquid just sitting around doing nothing. Yesterday I ordered a DIY e-liquid Kit, and I was wondering if I could use it to do something with those too-strong liquids I have. At $15 per bottle, it would be nice to dilute them somehow so that I can use them up.

Any ideas?

Two ideas.

1. Get the same flavor in 0 nic. Mix the 0 and 18 together and you have a bigger bottle of 9 mg.

Mix the 12 with 0 and you have @ bigger bottle of 6 mg.

2. If you can't get the the same flavor mix with VG to do the same thing but the flavor will be muted.

3. Get another flavir in 0 nic. The flavor may not be something you like but at least you could use it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the tip and Amazon link. I do have one of those coming in my kit, but I think it's plastic. I should get another one.

I would get a Glass one. But I like Glass for all my Mixing Gear.

But If it is Polypropylene or Polyethylene, then it will be Fine.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Agree 100% plastic absorbs flavors much more than glass.

Some "Plastics" do. Some "Plastics" not so much. Plastic is such a Generic Term to describe a Huge Family of Materials.

To me, using Glass takes the Guess Work out of what I Can and Can Not use. And which "Plastics May or May Not absorb a Flavor. Or undergo Chemical Breakdown when exposed to Chemical Compounds like those found in Flavorings.

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
If I remember correctly, I got them in 5ml, 10ml, 50ml, 100ml, 250ml, and 500ml... all glass. I just fill the various cylinders with nic, vg, and various flavors, then pour everything into a mason jar. Put the lid on and shake it all up. I've been making juice a quart at a time for a while now... :lol:

Ha! I think it would take me a year to go through a quart. :)

Reactions: Kaezziel

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
I find most flavored juices way too flavored for my taste so I purposely buy them at 24mg.nicotene then thin it down to 6mg nicotene with a big bottle of 50/50 pg.,vg.mix.I get my pg and vg at the local pharmacy for a fairly decent price.

This is one of the reasons I want to mix my own. I like my flavor to be very muted, barely able to taste it. Most are way too strong for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread