Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
If you can't find a carto punch tool, you could also dremmel a slit in them instead. Be aware that this method can result in some protruding sharp edges which can damage cartotank o-rings.

Thanks for that. I actually watched this video. I am not much of a handy man and don't have a drill.

Geez PHIL looks fat in this video. He must have lost a bit of weight over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baditude

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Bullet Cartomizer Punch
Mine that I used for about 6 yrs (and still works) was similar.

Good call on Avid Vaper.

I used to buy Cisco Spec hh357 and other Cisco spec atomizers from then years ago and their atomizer were the best I ever had.

They seem to be stuck in the past though. Are they really still selling HH357s for $20 a pop and aero atomizers for $12?

Their old products are still carrying prices more or less at the same level as when they first came out years ago.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Bullet Cartomizer Punch
Mine that I used for about 6 yrs (and still works) was similar.

That bullet punch looks like the water valve someone else posted further up as an alternative to a purpose specific carto punch.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    That bullet punch looks like the water valve someone else posted further up as an alternative to a purpose specific carto punch.

Yeah, my good one was a part from a machine shop (coupler) and a vehicle mirror machine screw. all found on amazon or parts supply. Kept a great edge.
    "DIY" Carto Punch

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Yeah, my good one was a part from a machine shop (coupler) and a vehicle mirror machine screw. all found on amazon or parts supply. Kept a great edge.
    "DIY" Carto Punch

Nice link! I might make my own. Beats paying $20 for shopping to get one from the US!

I cracked open a black Boge carto a couple of days ago to try some nic salts in it and it vaped stellar. Those old cartos have better flavor than most pod mods that are out now!

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    "DIY" Carto Punch

Ahhh and again no good. That post is 6 years old and the links no longer exist to the parts.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ahhh and again no good. That post is 6 years old and the links no longer exist to the parts.

I believe that the screws were Mirror Mounting to be obtained from a local auto supply shop and the coupler I had now has a slightly different design and may be gotten from a hardware store. Really tho, it'd be easier to get the refrigeration thingy like the Saddle Valve.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I believe that the screws were Mirror Mounting to be obtained from a local auto supply shop and the coupler I had now has a slightly different design and may be gotten from a hardware store. Really tho, it'd be easier to get the refrigeration thingy like the Saddle Valve.

I might get the valve saddle thing but I am starting to think it might be easier to build a time machine and transport myself back to 2011 and buy one for $3.99 at Eastmall.

Reactions: r77r7r

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I might get the valve saddle thing but I am starting to think it might be easier to build a time machine and transport myself back to 2011 and buy one for $3.99 at Eastmall.

I think the valves w/o the two big screws might be nice. ( thought someone would have sent you one by now, lol. I would've if I had two.)
    Deck screws were quite common.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I think the valves w/o the two big screws might be nice. ( thought someone would have sent you one by now, lol. I would've if I had two.)
    Deck screws were quite common.

There are still some carto punches around at US sites but with shipping I would spend $30 just for a carto punch. I might as well drip straight into the top of the carto 2010 style or use the condom method if I am to incur that much expense! Lol

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I always felt that a tank provided a much better vape. Kept the fluid level at the best spot.

I was using cartomizers for a couple of years before the tanks came out so most of my experience was in filling the cartos initially from the bottom and then several drops when it tasted dry from the top.

I started vaping before cartomizers became popular and when cartomizers were still called cartridges that were prefilled or could be prefilled.

My first carto tank was the expensive Vape-O-Matic Liquinator which Grimm Green reviewed in 2011 as per the link below. I still remember watching that review before I purchased it like it was yesterday.

When pre-punched cartos were initially released the bore was too small and the juice couldn't get in fast enough to replace vaped up juice. I still have a lot of those early pre-punched cartos and the hole is too small.

By the time carto tanks proliferated and were being sold a dime a dozen I had moved on to kangertech evods and protank.

As a result I have 100 or more unused cartos. I find they actually work great and surprisingly they work well with nic salts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread