V4L Menthol Juice Cage Match!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Okay, maybe the title is misleading...

I WILL be buying some V4L Menthol 30ml juice soon (most likely 24mg), BUT! (And it's a big one) I'VE NEVER TRIED ANY OF THEIR MENTHOL JUICES. I'm a Newport 100 smoker (still trying to get off the analogs due to extreme stress), and I've had a MV 902 since January. I love it, but so far I'm at a loss for a DAILY-VAPE MENTHOL. I've been burned by Halo Newpure (yecch!), and the Dekang NuPort that others sell is WAYY too strong with not enough tobacco flavor. Red Cow is great (I'll be re-ordering that also), but if you've seen my post regarding other V4L flavors, I wasn't impressed. I desperately need a good daily-vape menthol e-cig juice to replace my analogs once and for all.

So, if you're a V4L Menthol/Tobacco Vaper, PLEASE HELP POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION HERE. Give reviews, try to compare to the REAL THING (Newport 100s, in my case).

A little background info - or, my preferences - to help shape your recommendations:

• B&H Menthols give me ear infections, and that's what Dekang NuPort and Menthol do to me as well. WAYY too much menthol, not enough tobacco.
  • I used to love Players Menthols before they disappeared here. (OLD SKOOL)
  • Not a fan of Kools. Not sure why, just don't like 'em.
  • Marl Menthols are ok, but a little weak on flavor to me.
  • Ditto with Basic Menthols
  • I DO like the Camel Turkish Jade
  • Halo NewPure is just nasty. (See above about Dekang, haven't tried anything from Boge, that's why I'm here)

Of course, this post wouldn't exist if there were 5ml 18-24mg testers of everything...Oh, and I'm NOT using a cartomizer. This request is STRICTLY JUICE RECOMMENDATIONS.

Last edited:

Garblesnarf

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
USA
  • B&H Menthols give me ear infections, and that's what Dekang NuPort and Menthol do to me as well.

How does that happen 8-o

I like Smilin' Blend, but it's a chocolate/coffee menthol.
They have straight menthol which is alright for flavorless cooling effect.

To get your true preference though they have a sampler. Only available in cartomizer form.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I have always been a menthol smoker (Virginia slims, Salem, Misty). When I started with the pv experience, I chose the M401 and ordered the menthol pre-filled carts by smoore. Loved them. I've been of a search to find a menthol that I liked as much as that one but to no avail. Since then, I have tried many flavors and realize that I don't like many of them unless they contain 'mint' of some kind. If you are having trouble finding a true menthol that you really like, you may consider ordering a pre-mixed flavored juice and asking them to add mint/menthol. The reason I say this is because the menthol will be more disguised and won't be as big of a problem. Some of the flavors that the vendors sell are delicious; especially when some mint/menthol/ is added.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Garblesnarf said:
How does that happen?

I dunno. Something about having so much menthol probably "opening the pores" in my ear canal, similar to putting Vicks under your nose. The feeling/effect is like an ear infection, and probably invites bacteria to invade the membranes, facilitating a REAL ear infection.

But I'm not a doctor. I just know that I can feel overly strong menthols all the way to my ears. And not in a good way.

wisteelersfan said:
I was a Marlboro menthol or Newport smoker for the last 15 years or so and I've settled on Dunhall Menthol and Parlament Menthol for my tobacco menthol vapes.

OOOH....Dunhall and Parliament team up to take all the others out of the ring, deciding to face each other to crown a winner!

WILL ANY OTHERS TOPPLE THIS DUO BEFORE THE MATCH IS OVER?

Last edited:

bobby james

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Chicago
I've haven't tried the juice yet but out of the sample #2 I like Kamel and parliament the best. Dunhall is good too. Kamel has the most menthol out of the 3 and probably the least tobacco taste. Dunhall has the strongest tobacco taste. Parliament is somewhere in between the 2 in my opinion. I would try kamel or parliament if I were you.

msroulette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I've haven't tried the juice yet but out of the sample #2 I like Kamel and parliament the best. Dunhall is good too. Kamel has the most menthol out of the 3 and probably the least tobacco taste. Dunhall has the strongest tobacco taste. Parliament is somewhere in between the 2 in my opinion. I would try kamel or parliament if I were you.

See...taste being subjective, I thought the dunhall was the least tobacco tasting and the Kamel the most tobacco tasting. at 2.95 for 5ml...get them both :lol:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Taste is definitely subjective, and I have not tried cowboy mentol yet. I rather order more instead of less, and keep the ones I didn't like the most for days when supply is running low. I'm also seeing which smoking friends I know would be interested in vaping instead of smoking, it's even better if lots of friends and neighbors have bottles to trade with. And so far it's good, lots of of people are interested.

edit add: I haven't tried the SMILIN menthol yet either, I want to try those soon.

Last edited:

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
I would have to say out of the new prem 30 ml flavors Kamel menthol and Virginia Menthol. The Kamel is an overpowering menthol (so you have to love menthol) with a slight tobacco flavor. The Virginia is my favorite now; it reminds me of a little sweet tobacco flavor that does the trick for me. The Dunhall tastes like a dry tobacco leaf flavor. I found the Parliment to be too weak for me. The standard menthol is kinda in the middle with heavy menthol flavor but no tobacco flavor. The Nuport is very sweet kinda like candy. The Smilin is not a true menthol flavor; it is more Andes mints flavored.

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I Just had to make this!
ffamenthol.gif

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
I would have to say out of the new prem 30 ml flavors Kamel menthol and Virginia Menthol. The Kamel is an overpowering menthol (so you have to love menthol) with a slight tobacco flavor. The Virginia is my favorite now; it reminds me of a little sweet tobacco flavor that does the trick for me. The Dunhall tastes like a dry tobacco leaf flavor. I found the Parliment to be too weak for me. The standard menthol is kinda in the middle with heavy menthol flavor but no tobacco flavor. The Nuport is very sweet kinda like candy. The Smilin is not a true menthol flavor; it is more Andes mints flavored.

Smilin' begged to be let out of the ring! HE'S OUT OF THE MATCH!!!

The team-up between Kamel and Dunhall backfired!

Virginia gave Menthol a serious boot to the face and now has Kamel in a submission hold!!! Dunhall is getting corner punishment from Parliament! Menthol is stunned and dizzy! He's vulnerable!!! Looks like Nuport is gonna try to set him up for a pin!!!

We may have a winner soon, folks! VIRGINIA AND PARLIAMENT ARE DOMINATING THIS MATCH!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread