Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I actually use the eGo beauty ring that came with my Protank (1) on my VAMO with the removable collar on it as well. I loosen the beauty ring just enough so that it is just above the height of the 510 connection, so when I screw in an rda or my Protank the beauty ring actually locks the tank in place. It definitely supports the tank much better, but it doesn't look great.

Agreed on the sturdiness of this connection. The PT2 was released in part to address the weakness of the 510 connection system, but I still use the beauty ring as an extra measure in peace of mind.

Disagree that it doesn't look great. ;)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Ended up ordering this https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGO-CDCT from myvaporstore after contacting them. Should arrive soon and will post how it goes.

As for the threaded piece stuck in the vamo, it's a no go. Nothing I tried worked on getting it out. I received my new vamo already, so simply tossed the old one. Lesson learned.

Oh, that's tragic that you tossed it. You could probably have taken it to a mechanic or machine shop and they would have fixed you up in minutes.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Agreed on the sturdiness of this connection. The PT2 was released in part to address the weakness of the 510 connection system, but I still use the beauty ring as an extra measure in peace of mind.

Disagree that it doesn't look great. ;)

It definitely doesn't look terrible, but that doesn't really matter much to me. As long as the odds that the connection snaps off in my mod are decreased I'm happy with it.

I've also been trying something a little different over the last day or so after someone suggested it here somewhere. Once I attach my IGO-L or Protank to my VAMO I unscrew the removable collar slightly so that it butts up against the bottom of the attached tank. It has a more seamless look and serves the same purpose as the Protank beauty ring the way we've been using it.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I just had a mishap with my vamo 2 and a original protank 1. I just repaired it by looking at this you tube video. It works! Just keep looking for two different screwdrivers until you find the right combination. Remember to turn counter clock wise as well.
Hope this helps someone. :)

This can be used for any type of 510 connector if you have a piece of threading stuck in your connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread