VAMO Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I know there's a Vamo battery thread out there somewhere but I couldn't find it so here goes...

I have some blue 18350 and 18650 batts and I'm trying to figure out what they are. All the 18650's say on them is "smok" 18650 and the mah. Which is 2800. The 18350's don't say anything. They're both flat tops. They both seem to work in my Vamo but they run out rather quickly. The 18350's last about an hour if that much. The 18650's last a bit longer. Maybe 2 - 3 hours. I've already ordered some efest batts to replace them but my question is why are these draining so fast?I know the Vamo is particular with the batts. It I'd think smok batts would work. Eh. I dunno. What you guys think?

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
They are protected batteries, you'll want unprotected for this mod. Don't know about your 18350, but I wouldn't trust anything with no info on it...toss those.

SMOK Tech Protected Lithium Ion E Cigarette Battery - 18650 - 2800 mAh

Well at least I know the 18650's are Smok tech. Can't toss em though. They still work good in my eGo 18650 tube mod. Another question. Are "AW" IMRs really that much better than Efest? Or are we just paying for the name? Also...flat top, button top. What's the difference? Is it just a preference or do some fit better in certain devices or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
Well at least I know the 18650's are Smok tech. Can't toss em though. They still work good in my eGo 18650 tube mod. Another question. Are "AW" IMRs really that much better than Efest? Or are we just paying for the name? Also...flat top, button top. What's the difference? Is it just a preference or do some fit better in certain devices or is there something I'm missing?

Efest and AW are very similar, performance wise, the difference being the cost. Most of my batteries are Efest. I also prefer button top in the Vamo because they fit better...less rattle.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Efest and AW are very similar, performance wise, the difference being the cost. Most of my batteries are Efest. I also prefer button top in the Vamo because they fit better...less rattle.

Ah yes. The infamous VAMO "rattle". I ordered the Efest flat tops. Hopefully I won't have any issues with the v2 spring. We'll see. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread