VAMO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joh123

Mar 6, 2013
Estonia
Hi! I'm pretty sure I won't reach the right people through New Members' subforum, but it's all I can do, so..
I just ordered a VAMO from fasttech $52.08 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set - 2*18350 / stainless steel / EU plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I have read that VAMO tends to have some threading issues and I would want to save my VAMO from them for as long as possible. Now, does the stainless steel version have the same issues with threading? Also, what countermeasures should I take to save my threadings?

For one, I found this topic - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/418283-quick-easy-tip-fo-not-overtight.html - but I can't find the right adapter cone. All the ones I found are from USA and only ship to USA. I'd be happiest if anyone pointed me to a Chinese free shipping vendor, but European vendors will do too...

Hope I get useful help from here concerning this issue.

Thanks in advance & greetz from Estonia,
joh123

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I'm not sure who ships where, but if you do a google search for: Ego Thread Covers - Collar
you have a good chance of finding it. I ordered mine from here: Ego Thread Covers
it works great both for protecting that center pin from over-tightening as well as tightening up the airflow on a Kanger ProTank. You want to make sure you can see a picture of what you order and get one with that "T" shape to the top, not one of the tapered/curved ones. most of the tapered ones won't fit.

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
The V2 Stainless is said to not have the threading issue like the Brass version V1 did. I read enough posts on the new vamo to say it's not an issue, or not very much.

If your going to use the 510/ego adapter for say Kanger T3's what i would do is screw the adapter to the clearo (or whatever) and then screw it into the Vamo.

souleaterzer0

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
right here
I haven't had a problem with my 2 Vamo V2s in the last six months. One is Chrome and one is SS. I just make sure I clean the threading every time I take off my atomizers (on the atomizer and Vamo) and make sure I don't go all superman on my atomizers when I screw them on the Vamo. I just make sure the atomizers don't wobble and are on securely. Just don't screw down your atomizers with all your strength. I would like to say I tighten my atomizers until they are finger tight.

Those Vamo full kits usually don't include quality batteries or chargers. I would recommend buying some good 18650 or 18350 AW IMR batteries and a better charger also. If you want more information look up the Vamo battery thread to make sure you are buying the correct batteries. I bought my batteries, charger and Vamo from different suppliers which did cost a tiny bit extra for the added shipping but being sure you are safe is worth it. You don't want a battery to explode while in the Vamo or charger!

Exxo

Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
the Stainless my Friend has is a v2 and he can use almost any tank but a kanger mt3 they are just to wide to fit in it if you have a stardust type they fit fine in the stainless as far as the black chrome ( because that is what I have ) i have not found anything with a 510 that will not fit and fire.

Good Luck and keep vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread