vamo upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

good_apollo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
allen, texas merica
I have a vamo currently running typically with pro tanks. i like it, the center pin can be an issue as i havent yet replaced the washer. was in the mood for an "upgrade"
since the vamo can be converted to a smaller size, im mostly interested in a full size, or telescoping.
tinking of possibly
tesla
zmax
svd
i have no interest in a provari, regardless of how well it works for you, i do not want one.
any ideas besides a provari would be welcomed. don't really care about the price of the mod, just feeling like upgrading. Thanks.

From experience, steer clear of Evics, they're very fragile. But if you're willing to carry it like a thin shelled egg, they do have great "gadgets" to them. SOme you'll find useful and some not. Also, Evics have a bad drop rate. What it says your firing at, Volts or Watts and what's actually going out are two completely different things.

Zmax are great, once you've learned the One Button to Rule Them All mode. You have to access the different settings with just that one button, so no cycle back and forth. But once you master it, they're nice. AND they come in Stainless.

Tesla's are nice and shiny, but depending on the size of your hand, you may not like the feel of the tri-cut design. The screens are easy to navigate and they have a pretty low drop rate.

SVD would be my suggestion. I like innokin products ( I have 2 MVPs) and actually have an SVD on it's way. I like the telescoping option. Because if I wanna throw it into 18350 mode, I don't want to have to carry around extra tubes.

Your best bet is to find a local vendor or meet and see how many of the ones you're looking at you can touch/feel/fire and see what fits YOU the best.

alcarl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Niagara Falls, NY
I have a Vamo V2 and really love it. The Evic feels very cheap to me. But that's probably because its so light compared to the Vamo. The Tesla is a weird and interesting PV. I almost had pulled the trigger on an SVD, but picked Vamo instead. I think the SVD is a sweet looking PV. I'd say check out the Sigelei telescope v3 as well.

It's all personal preference of course. I'd take any one of what listed. I even agree with you on the no Provari. I have no desire for one of those.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I have the SVD a la carte coming from Fast Teh. I like the button functions same almost. Vamo and love the framed window and less hassle on the extra tubes thing plus with Vamo I'm compelled to wrap it. I also have to use a aded spring in 18650 mode and to stack 18350s the bottom cap won't screw tight. It will but it jambs the power button. Glad I didn't damage it. I don't always stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread