Vamo V5 Bad battery life with new Efest IMR 18650 3100Mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
may I recommend the battery that I've used in my Vamo v2, v3, v5, Evic, Zmax v3 and Cana DNA30. It is a Panasonic NCR18650PF, 10amp CDR. They have been in use since Feb 2014 and still today work for a full 24 hours (excluding ~8 hrs sleep), vaping ~5-10 ml daily. I've had 4 that I use in rotation and 6 more waiting for the original 4 to die. Since the Vamo's max output current is 5 amps the PFs are a good match. I love 'em think you will also. Google Orbitronics

Last edited:

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
may I recommend the battery that I've used in my Vamo v2, v3, v5, Evic, Zmax v3 and Cana DNA30. It is a Panasonic NCR18650PF, 10amp CDR. They have been in use since Feb 2014 and still today work for a full 24 hours (excluding ~8 hrs sleep), vaping ~5-10 ml daily. I've had 4 that I use in rotation and 6 more waiting for the original 4 to die. Since the Vamo's max output current is 5 amps the PFs are a good match. I love 'em think you will also. Google Orbitronics

Thank you very much. I ordered Sony VCT 2100mah 30A, but will consider buying the one you said. Efest are actually Panasonic NCR rewrap Ive been told and the panasonics cant push 10A continously rather the half which is close to the limit of my use :)

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Don't those Panasonics only put out like 6a total?? Efest has claimed those 3100mAh are "their own cells" (its mentioned in a thread in the Battery forum)..

I have two of the purple 18350s and they're alright. Stacked at 10-12w they easily last a whole day of chain vaping. My new LG HE2 18650s last about a day and a half. The "35a" purple Efests are just rewrapped LGs and cost more for cells LG rejected, which baffles me.. I just picked up a pair for about $3 more than a SINGLE Efest..

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
Don't those Panasonics only put out like 6a total?? Efest has claimed those 3100mAh are "their own cells" (its mentioned in a thread in the Battery forum)..

I have two of the purple 18350s and they're alright. Stacked at 10-12w they easily last a whole day of chain vaping. My new LG HE2 18650s last about a day and a half. The "35a" purple Efests are just rewrapped LGs and cost more for cells LG rejected, which baffles me.. I just picked up a pair for about $3 more than a SINGLE Efest..

Actually I dont know too much about batteries and believe what you say is true.

But my Nitecore doesnt charge these very well, only upto 4.1v and not 4.2v.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Actually I dont know too much about batteries and believe what you say is true.

But my Nitecore doesnt charge these very well, only upto 4.1v and not 4.2v.
That's probably nothing to worry about. I just got a D2 a couple weeks ago as an upgrade to my Xtar MC2. It stops at 4.2 but my batteries are always at 4.1something on my multimeter..

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
If your model is the stainless steel (ss) model this happens. Don't know why, but battery life on the Vamo V5 SS is horrible. There are many threads here and across the internet on it. I have one, you are right, it won't make it through 5 ml without changing batteries.

Yeah I will agree with you because I vape my ipv mini it holds alot longer on the batterylife :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread