Vape Mouse Rev 0.7a

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This was more of a proof of theory. In the next rev I'll clean it up and use longer wires for the atty.

I was scouring my office trying to find a button and wire to make myself a USB passthrough. I spotted an old mouse on one of my shelves and thought it would be a great donor. I opened it up, and unsoldered the wire, then as a quick test I soldered a 901 connector to the usb wire and WOW little too harsh for my taste. I broke out the fluke 87 and started looking. The USB port was 5v and could source 4a, thats WAY too much. I looked at the little un-molested regulator board I had then back to the mouse and commenced to serious hackage. I wasn't in the mood to smell burning PCB so opted to just use a pair of diags to cut the board instead of my usual cut-off wheel. I removed all of the components and cut the traces to the buttons. I wired the buttons in parallel so with the with a 200k pullup to +5 and switched to ground and then ran one wire to the enable jumper pad on the regulator board. A quick solder of the wires from the regulator board to the what was left of the mouses PCB, and a quick burn of the mouses .... to pass the wires out it's bum, and it was done. I plugged in the mess and it worked first time, but a little too hot still. I looked and had 4.4v coming out of the regulator so I dialed it down to 3.7 where I like it now it is fantastic. Press any of the mouse buttons and it fires right up :)

Here some pics

after hacking the board, trying the regulator so see how it tastes.
vm2.jpg

Weeee it fits
vm3.jpg

Fin
vm1.jpg

vape mouse in action :D I extended the atty wire and added an LED inside lol. Oh and you don't have to hold it up, the wire is about 2', I was strategically covering my company logo lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04x1N3HEcp4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread