Vape Residue on Car Windows..........any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
That's when you'll know you're a Redneck!!
I beg to differ a redneck would use a old pillow case dual propose their day before payday siphon hose why buy what you have in the trunk! and wire it together with a coat hanger. My highfalutin ,extravagant no vape windshield bag, is a terrible waste of money and resources to any self respecting red neck;-)

omyeyes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Las Vapors, NV
This is also a foaming cleaner. A few years ago I had to have a windshield replaced, due to a crack, and the guys who replaced it used this stuff. Totally streak free. I found it at Costco in a 3 pack.
20131220_203421.jpg
Oopsie!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I vape heavily in my car daily to and from work. As yet I haven't noted any residue or buildup on anything including the glass. Could it be related to the type of e-liquid?

Gilbert AZ sounds warm and dry. I didn't have any trouble during the summer either. It's a cold ( sub 20F) and damp environment issue.

Last edited:

DonMac

Dec 3, 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
I asked my neighbor, who is a rocket scientist (literally) He retired from Jet Propulsion Laboratories and was involved in the space program. He advised it is specifically a temperature issue. Vapor in a warm environment dissipates, vapor in a cold environment does not dissipate quickly, but settles in its semi-liquid form onto its surroundings. astronauts have the same problem with their breath, coating the windows and other surfaces in space flight.
Even though the interior of the car may feel warm with a heater on, the area an inch or two from the glass will remain cold from thermal transfer and thus allow the coating. Other interior surfaces that have not thoroughly warmed up will also allow the vapor to settle on them.

The obvious solution; move to Arizona!!!

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I beg to differ a redneck would use a old pillow case dual propose their day before payday siphon hose why buy what you have in the trunk! and wire it together with a coat hanger. My highfalutin ,extravagant no vape windshield bag, is a terrible waste of money and resources to any self respecting red neck;-)

Redneck Card is revoked... you forgot the twine and duct tape.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
. . .I wonder if it's possible for inhaled VG to leave a film?
I suspect not. . .

When I vaped 100% VG. . .my car windows would become completely clouded in less than a day. Wasn't nearly as bad when I cut back to 50/50 pg/vg. VG is the greater culprit far as I'm concerned. I found "Invisible Glass" brand window cleaner and paper towels worked pretty well. I made some concoxion using ammonia and it really cut the oil. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread