Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Katdarling - Thank you and I do appreciate all the work you and others do here. I apologize if my postings come off short or abrupt at times. I'm a fairly quite old middle class man with less than adequate communication skills and a worse typing technique.
I Generally prefer assisting in equipment problem solving, however we all have our windmills to tilt from time to time.:laugh:

I to remember the early passthru products and still have (2) good working ego 900mah passthru batteries. I just never use the feature. I have seen more recent True Passthru units which even have variable voltage(to 4.8v) These now come with a warning to use with a wall adapter only.

My main concern is manufacturers(mostly China based) have poor interpretation skills. The use of Passthru Available is rather open to translation.

In understanding the fragile design of the USB ports(prior to UBS3) and the Capabilities of the recent Regulated mods to deliver High power at the cost of increased Amperage, I see Passthru Available as just that - available, not guaranteed.
(My Translation attempt)
A device may be used to Vape while charging so long as the installed/internal battery has enough reserve power to supply current demand. (Battery handles load)

At this point in vaping I do not believe I personally have seen any Regulated mod which could support vaping at 30w+ if the battery was totally depleted. Not saying there is not one, but I suspect if the Battery was removed/Dead and the Mod still fired on USB a failure would happen in short order.
* These mods will likely casual Vape without issues in the 7-9w range with higher resistance coils without issue while charging.

My apologies for getting long winded.

Be Safe!

Long wind as long as ya got wind, crxess! In fact, long wind some more. This is all really good and valuable information. Please come (this is an official invite to all) and visit. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html
Come tilt your windmills. ;)

I agree with you. As long as we are dealing with China made goods, there is always room for error in translation, among other errors. Part of the problem lies in the fact that we are all vacillating between the teaching and the learning modes. We gain some useful knowledge, and in turn, we pass it on to other (often newer) vapers. But how accurate is the knowledge? How often do we see members talking about a subject from vastly different sides of the spectrum, but both sides sounding like they know .. and sounding "right"? How will a newer (or less studied) vaper handle this "knowledge" and interpret this knowledge? How quickly will they post and pass it on?

We see this daily. And in my opinion, it's not just that gear is China based and translated. Sometimes here on ECF, we barely understand one another.

Now who just got long winded! D'oh! Sorry. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Dayum, it got windy overnight. Anybody else notice that? WOW! ;)

Seriously, great stuff, one and all. And I do hope this party moves over into its proper place, in accordance with KD's invitation. Talk about stuff. Make people think. Only good can come of that.

Ciao, mio amici.

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
I to remember the early passthru products and still have (2) good working ego 900mah passthru batteries.

I still have my original KR808 passthru cable (no battery). It'll vape V2 cartos all day long on a USB2.0 port (1.5A limit I believe, never hit that limit, and it's a company laptop so I wasn't too worried :)). A month ago or so I found a blister pack of some V2 Congress cartos, had a moment of nostalgia and vaped it! Ugh.... won't be doing that again.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I still have my original KR808 passthru cable (no battery). It'll vape V2 cartos all day long on a USB2.0 port (1.5A limit I believe, never hit that limit, and it's a company laptop so I wasn't too worried :)). A month ago or so I found a blister pack of some V2 Congress cartos, had a moment of nostalgia and vaped it! Ugh.... won't be doing that again.

I had a couple of those from late 2011. You just flooded my memory banks.

I found they burnt the fresh cartos back then even, so I'm trying to think how they might have treated some old, and possibly dried out ones. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread