Vapeing and working out

Status
Not open for further replies.

VANA

Moved On
Aug 13, 2013
Fortladderdale, Fl
I'm 22 and have been working out for 8 years, I do a lot of high intensity workouts (ex: tri- sets, circuits or power lifting) I've been vapeing for 2 years now and I still participate in triathlons and other events like that. I haven't noticed any affect to my lung capacity or difficulty to keep my breath as compared to a cigarette smoker. I've been wondering if its because of the intensity of my workouts as to why my captivity has stayed the same or just the fact it's vapor. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions .
i also am a personal trainer/ Dietitian for a hobby. Any questions related to working out I'd love to answer them in a private message,
Or on the forum if its allowed.

MSTR VPNG

Host, Ohm Reader Podcast
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Sacramento, California
The only concern that comes to mind is dehydration - Now, if you're looking to cut, this might be ideal for you, but outside of that you really wont feel that lung fatigue like you would if you were smoking. The liquids essential hold moisture, and if you're a chain vaper you want to be increasing you fluid intake.

VANA

Moved On
Aug 13, 2013
Fortladderdale, Fl
The only concern that comes to mind is dehydration - Now, if you're looking to cut, this might be ideal for you, but outside of that you really wont feel that lung fatigue like you would if you were smoking. The liquids essential hold moisture, and if you're a chain vaper you want to be increasing you fluid intake.

As a drink 2 L of water Aday not including the water in my 5 shakes a day.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Maybe it's just me, but when I was 22 (I won't say how long ago that was) I was already smoking quite heavily. I used to smoke between every game of full-court pickup basketball (we'd play for a few hours at a time), surf, and skate and generally felt like I was indestructible. Youth is your friend!

You'll definitely begin to notice the toll it takes the longer that you smoke. While your lungs can repair themselves it's good that you didn't wait to long before quitting. All that burning stuff is no good!

That being said, I don't consider vaping "good for you". I consider vaping to be "much less bad for you than smoking". Better to not smoke at all but it's one of the few things that have significantly helped me and other quit smoking.

Vaping still causes temporary airway constriction, according to studies ... just like cigarette smoking does and can affect your cardiovascular function temporarily. As far as I've been reading, though, it does not cause your cilia function to cease, and it does not leave (known) carcinogens as residue in your lungs. As far as I can tell, until some other long-term study can prove otherwise, is that nicotine in moderate quantities offers many benefits in small doses quite similar to caffeine.

Nicotine is a known vasocontrictor, though, which can in itself cause problems of its own; especially for althletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread