Vaper's Tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
I have been vaping - and cig free - for a little over a month. For the last couple of days, I can't taste any flavor of my e-juice. It's just nothing no matter what I vape. I heard something about "vaper's tongue" which seems to describe my situation. But what I don't understand is when I first started vaping, I could taste the flavor no problem. If it s a case of vaper's tongue, wouldn't I experience that from day one but not a month later?

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
Well, I only have one clearo right now, so I do vape the same juice until it's done but I have a small capacity clearo though, 1.5ml. And I have like 15 different juices, so I do switch to a new flavor when the one in the clearo is done.

I do try a stronger flavor, like peppermint and it does help a little but definitly not as good as when I first tried this flavor a couple of days before.

I do drink plenty of water but it doesn't seems to help.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Try eating a dill pickle.
Try "dissolving" a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and rinsing your mouth with it.
Those two seem to help the most people. As with anything you consume a lot of, vaping can deaden your taste buds temporarily.

And vapers tongue will happen even years after you start vaping.

Last edited:

llamainmypocket

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
You are lucky. It took me less than a week to develop an almost total loss of flavor that's lasted three months. Sometimes I'll get what I think is 5-10% of a flavor and that goes away after a day or two. I get menthol just fine, I don't get mint, but I get something out of cinnamon. It is a real phenomenon and most of the time I can't tell the difference between chocolate, coffee, root beer, and unflavored.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You are lucky. It took me less than a week to develop an almost total loss of flavor that's lasted three months. Sometimes I'll get what I think is 5-10% of a flavor and that goes away after a day or two. I get menthol just fine, I don't get mint, but I get something out of cinnamon. It is a real phenomenon and most of the time I can't tell the difference between chocolate, coffee, root beer, and unflavored.

I smoked for a very long time and it took me several months before I could taste anything other than menthol, mints and cinnamon. I still can't taste many of the subtle flavors (or they taste weird/plastic). I feel your pain. Every time I read a post about how much someone loves their Blueberry Ice Cream Chocolate Truffle Coconut Cupcake vape, I'm so happy for them I could scream.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
Try eating a dill pickle.
Try "dissolving" a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and rinsing your mouth with it.
Those two seem to help the most people. As with anything you consume a lot of, vaping can deaden your taste buds temporarily.

And vapers tongue will happen even years after you start vaping.

These are great suggestions, as is increased water intake and changing flavor groups. Going from one bakery flavor to another does not count as a change as they have the same flavor profile.

Other suggestions...Use juices with higher PG to VG ratios. PG is a superior flavor carrier so juices that are high or all VG are often quite muted in flavor. Most of your sense of taste is tied to your sense of smell. Always exhale through the nose or use the french inhale technique for maximum taste.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
I've been vaping for over a year and must say I get it often. It just comes and goes and lasts few days. Not always the same tho. Sometimes I taste no flavor or not enough or the vape seems harsh, can't get good TH, etc. I used to clean attys, tried different Voltages or flavors, you name it I tried it but eventually found I just put up with it and it goes away in a day or no more than a week for me.
I'm on this page because I'm having it right now and it's annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread