Vaping addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

guero

Jul 22, 2009
Its been 7 weeks now since I quit smoking reg cigs. It was actually pretty easy using my ecig. I realize that I actually like vaping more than I liked smoking (a pack a day). The problem I have is I cant stop. I start in the morning and just keep on going. When Im at work it slows down, but on a day off like yesterday, I started in the AM and just kept on going and going until the afternoon when I couldnt any more with my throat being so sore. With a reg cig you smoke one and stop and smoke another a little later or whenever. But with ecig I can do it all the time and can just keep vaping and vaping. Im down to 6mg liquid so I dont think its a nicotine thing. Im just hooked. Anyone else in this situation?

snap6cat

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Connecticut,USA
Yes I think I have traded one addiction for another, I am sure this is true. I am still basically addicted to nicotine (though I have cut back to 24 and will cut back more as liquid is re-ordered). Sometimes I vape heavily especially during my free time, but I find I do this less as time goes by. I do not ever seem to get a sore throat. I do not know how great the situation is for you, but for me this is much better than cigs and at least for now I try not to worry. I have already noticed many health benefits, of course I am still adicted to SOMETHING but I am not sure that is so bad after 45 years of cigs.....
David

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I have the same problem. What I have started doing is vaping like I used to smoke. I will puff through about 6 drops, 12 if after a meal. After words I dissasemble my JS and put it in the case. That was I am not tempted to puff and puff and puff till I run out of power or juice. It helps with my juice consumption as well. I went from going through 30ml of 24mg every 2 weeks to 30ml of 12mg a month!!

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a couple of different liquids set up and ready. One with nicotine to help with that addiction, and another with no nicotine and plenty of flavoring to satisfy yourself in between nic vapes.

I've been planning to do this, so I got a DIY kit and am going to get a bunch of PG, VG, and Loranns flavors so I can have my own little vape flavoring laboratory. It might be a good way to wean myself down to a smaller nic dose, as well.

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a couple of different liquids set up and ready. One with nicotine to help with that addiction, and another with no nicotine and plenty of flavoring to satisfy yourself in between nic vapes.

I've been planning to do this, so I got a DIY kit and am going to get a bunch of PG, VG, and Loranns flavors so I can have my own little vape flavoring laboratory. It might be a good way to wean myself down to a smaller nic dose, as well.

This is a great idea. Can't believe it didn't occur to me. I vape near constantly like the OP does, and I don't think it's necessarily the nicotine, just the oral fixation.

-Rook

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
This is a great idea. Can't believe it didn't occur to me. I vape near constantly like the OP does, and I don't think it's necessarily the nicotine, just the oral fixation.

-Rook

Heh, I'll have to show your reply to my wife.

"See honey? Sometimes I do have good ideas!" :D

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I chain vaped a lot during my first month. Now i find my self forgetting to vape for up to 4 hours. But during Wipe night on Hardmode mimron sunday i think i went thru about 6ML. It's hard to keep claim when you want to Gkick all the rogues out of the guild

Ahhh.. I miss WoWspeak...

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
I chain vaped a lot during my first month. Now i find my self forgetting to vape for up to 4 hours. But during Wipe night on Hardmode mimron sunday i think i went thru about 6ML. It's hard to keep claim when you want to Gkick all the rogues out of the guild

I'm SO glad that I stopped raiding and decided to level an alt.

Anyway, about the original post, I don't think that there is anything with vaping for as long as you like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread