Vaping noob seeking upgrade from halo g6 that can handle TV Atomic Cinnacide and Kretek

Status
Not open for further replies.

obodaour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Hello,
This is my first post and I must say that ECF rocks! First a lil about myself. I've been a moderate smoker on and off for a few years. My favorites were Djarum specials and Marlboro reds. Since I started vaping in July on a Halo g6 with cartomizers and mini tanks (which I prefer) I have noticed that I like to chain vape. The g6 batteries are just too weak for my vaping needs. I find myself recharging far too often to the point of not being able to vape when I desperately want to and going back and forth to the charger. I was planning on upgrading to the Jet Black Triton 1300 mah with a clear Triton tank and a pack of replacable coils and a Triton usb charger which comes to aprx $50 usd. Well my favorite flavors are cinnamon and clove types. I've ready many people complain of these type of ejuice cracking clearomizers. So I was thinking of possibly getting a 808 to 501 adapter and a Kanger Pro Tank instead. I'm wondering if anyone could possibly suggest a better option that would be comparable price wise. I am on a strict budget so I don't want to buy something that will end up breaking the first time I vape tastyvapors Kretek or Atomic Cinnacide which I plan on ordering soon. Basically I'm looking for a 1300 mah battery that is high quality, a tank that can stand up to atomic cinnacide and kretek and a suitable usb charger. I do adore the halo g6 mini-tanks and I've been smoking mt. baker vapors Black clove and regular clove in them with no problems at all but am just confused because everyone warns about those two flavors from tastyvapor destroying their tanks. Any advice and pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
ObOdAoUr

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am a Tasty Vape user too! They are a great vendor, and I'm so happy they are in my area. I bought my Smoktech WOO kit from them, they really push these kits, and for good reason. It is 7.4 volt setup, regulated to 5v. You use a dual coil tank (Smoktechnology pyrex DCT 2.0ohm is what I use) and it blows CLOUDS. You change batteries in a tube rather than whole setups like the EGO. Just something you might want to look into.

obodaour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
I will definitely check that out. A kit would be the way to go instead of ordering from many different vendors to get what I'm looking for. I would really love to try a VV battery but being on this tight budget that may have to wait. My biggest needs are TONZ of battery life and a tank that will withstand even the strongest and harshest cinnamon and clove type ejuices, and also having the ability to clean and replace the wicks for affordability. :)

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can smoke on mine ALL day and not drain the battery. And I'm a mechanic and have smacked the hell out of the tank a couple times with no issues. The tank is Pyrex with a metal sleeve. You may not need the VV with this unit, at 5v it works amazingly well. Just don't use a single coil tank on it, it will burn a coil instantly. (I have made this mistake before ;) ) lol

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
If your only issue is the lack of capacity of the battery, you could simply get a Triton battery; they are compatible with the G6 carto/tank (but not the charger).

It's also possible, from your description, that your nic level may be too low.

The Triton tank is essentially a Kanger T2, so if you go for an eGo type of system, you can still get the same tank (and have lots of other choices).

I avoided more expensive tanks, because I rotate through a variety of nic levels and flavors (I use 6 tanks). :2c: Quantity over quality, but the Triton tank is a very good unit; you can certainly suck on it until your eyeballs set back, or your sinuses clear up. :D

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just checked out the smoketech woo kit Welcome to Tasty Vapor and it looks nice but it uses cartomizers. I would prefer to use a pyrex tank. Do you think the kanger pro tank would work on this setup?

NO. Single coil tanks will not work. The Smoktech Pyrex DCT tank is best I've used so far. I wasted a protank trying to use it.

DCT = Dual Coil Tank

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I started vaping with a Halo G6 setup back in April with 6 batteries (2 78mm and 4 102mm - all manual). With two USB chargers I had no issues with vaping 24/7 (I seldom sleep) all I wanted to running two flavors at a time with just 4 of them in service. Also prefer the mini tanks over the carto's, so bought a bunch of them. Have only lost a couple since, one that was already trash when received, one that did crack, but not until I also started doing my own DIY liquids. Can't confirm a liquid that cracked it... none of them should have based on the long list of flavors I have known to crack plastic tanks. I clean them with vodka, so why it cracked is still a mystery.

Anyway, was waiting for the Triton Twist to come out to upgrdae to, get VV... gave up waiting and moved up to mechanical mods and a VV VW mod instead. Glad I did. Running Kanger Pro Tanks, EVOD's and Mini T3's on them so far, building my own coils, etc - have a Triton Atty coming. Only the Pro Tanks are glass, so only they get suspect DIY flavors right now. Saw that they have a mini version of the Pro Tank now, might be a possibility for you if you stay with the smaller devices (Triton, eGo, etc).

It's never ending... the learning, the exploring new ground.

obodaour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

obodaour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
This is what my shopping cart looks like atm...

Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL)
Silver, 2.5Ω, w/ Decorative Ring SKU 1377100 $12.09

Authentic Kanger Protank Clearomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack)
Coil Heads, 2.5Ω, 5-Pack SKU 1425902 $7.49

Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set
Vamo, 6-in-1, Stainless (US Plug) SKU 1350600 $52.08

Which comes to $71.66 a lil more than I was hoping to pay but from the reviews I've been reading I'm sure it will be worth it!!! Now I just wish they had a sitewide discount code lol. I'll be placing my order around the 1st of September. So if anyone has anymore input or suggestions to a better setup I'm all ears! Thanks so much for all the information and I can't wait to try a Advanced vaping experience and to get my Atomic Cinnacide and Kretek from tastyvapor they sound delicious!!! :D

obodaour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Upgraded my shopping cart as it comes with two vivi-nova tanks might as well get a pack of replacement coils for that as well...

Silver, 2.5Ω, w/ Decorative Ring Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL)
Silver, 2.5Ω, w/ Decorative Ring SKU 1377100 $12.09

Coil Heads, 2.5Ω, 5-Pack Authentic Kanger Protank Clearomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack)
Coil Heads, 2.5Ω, 5-Pack SKU 1425902 $7.49 5-pack

Vamo, 6-in-1, Stainless (US Plug) Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set
Vamo, 6-in-1, Stainless (US Plug) SKU 1350600 $52.08

VIVI NOVA, 2.8Ω: 5-Pack VIVI NOVA E-Cigarette Atomizer Replacement Coil Head (5-Pack)
VIVI NOVA, 2.8Ω: 5-Pack SKU 1416103 $4.27 5-pack

Seems like it should be good... just need to add some juice! Tastyvapor.us will be getting my biz for that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread