Vaping whilst Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
Vaping while driving, although it can be dangerous - I still do it.

Pros :

-Relaxing on a long drive
-Makes your car smell awesome (ive had people step in days later after vaping in it and go "oh it smells so nice in here"

Cons :

-Dangerous
-Will fog out the interior of your windows (i have to wipe once a week)

And could possibly damage your AC in the summer. I vaped like hell with my AC on in the summer and it conked out. The guy who fixed it said you were running heat and AC at the same time but I suspect it was from my vaping habit - possibly.
I believe your A/C going out was just coincidence. It is a sealed system, no way vapor or smoke or dead fish aroma in the cabin could enter the refrigerant or damage the control components.

And whoever did your work was not thinking out what he said. Of course you run A/C and Heat at the same time. Defrost and Floor vents and Defrost by itself both turn on the A/C to remove moisture from the air being directed on the windshield. Most of us only use either defrost option when it is cold, so heat is on.
It was designed to be run together (so much so that the only way you could turn off the A/C during defrost would be to unplug the wires)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
I wonder if anyone ever said something similar in a cell phone forum?
Nah! Probably not.
Even the police are constantly on their cellphones while driving, light years more dangerous IMHO!
Having said that, i vape while riding unless im maneuvering!

I had a KLR650 for some years, loved that bike:)

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
I vape on the bike all the time. Also keep whatever I'm using on a lanyard when riding

Smoked on the bike, too. Although I could never get the hang of rolling my cigarette while in motion (can do it in a car, though).

Very seriously suggest NOT smoking a cigar while riding: basically is a forced-air intake

englishmick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
And whoever did your work was not thinking out what he said. Of course you run A/C and Heat at the same time. Defrost and Floor vents and Defrost by itself both turn on the A/C to remove moisture from the air being directed on the windshield. Most of us only use either defrost option when it is cold, so heat is on.
It was designed to be run together (so much so that the only way you could turn off the A/C during defrost would be to unplug the wires)

Well blow me down. I always wondered why the A/C light came on in my wife's Civic when I was defrosting the windscreen. I figured it must be an electrical bug. For a while I used to hit the A/C button trying to turn it off.

This forum sure is full of useful knowledge. Thanks Wolf.

Come to think of it I have some plumbing questions, I'll post those later.

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
I believe your A/C going out was just coincidence. It is a sealed system, no way vapor or smoke or dead fish aroma in the cabin could enter the refrigerant or damage the control components.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As a former mechanic I got a chuckle out of that, myself. A/C in cars isn't only used for cooling; it's also used to dehumidify the cabin air to help with defrosting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
As a former mechanic I got a chuckle out of that, myself. A/C in cars isn't only used for cooling; it's also used to dehumidify the cabin air to help with defrosting.

As a former technician I really tried my best not to come across negatively. I guess we all, at one time or another have given an answer that in hindsight wasn't well thought out. If this mechanic had worked in any of the shops I did, man it would have taken a while to live that one down. You gotta love friends/coworkers who delight in remembering and making sure you remember every mistake you make.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
Well blow me down. I always wondered why the A/C light came on in my wife's Civic when I was defrosting the windscreen. I figured it must be an electrical bug. For a while I used to hit the A/C button trying to turn it off.

This forum sure is full of useful knowledge. Thanks Wolf.

Come to think of it I have some plumbing questions, I'll post those later.

....windscreen... I love that one. Wish it had taken hold here in the US, but we only get a simple windshield on our horseless carriages :(

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I almost had an accident on the highway this morning..!
I took a deep lung hit on my Aspire Atlantis...and ..exhaled a monster cloud ...
I could not see anything from the windshield ..I heard onlyThe sound of car horns ..
Using the Mutation X on my BFM I drip driving..mind you I only re-drip the RDA only when safe, like when stopped completely at about every other stop light in my light truck..but the window on my side is always at least 3/4 down to blow my cloud OUT of the cab. .simple huh? Man, if your gonna vape please do it safely before you kill somebody in an accident.. Or don't vape and drive..that's even simpler yet..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

Fun, semi - related fact. A/c and refrigerant style (common types that plug into a wall with a removable drain pan or drain tube) dehumidifiers are the same thing.

To make it work as an a/c you direct the hot exhaust out of the dwelling and circulate the air through the cool condenser.

To make other work as a dehumidifier you direct the air through the condenser to cool it and condense the liquid which then drips down off the surface and is collected or directed into a drain. Then the air is reheated through the exhaust and sent back into the dwelling expanded to allow it to hold more grains of moisture.

Cooling it on the condenser squeezes it like a sponge leaving the moisture in place. Heating it back up rejuvenates and expands that sponge so it can hold more moisture again.

This is why there's different types of humidity.

Specific humidity is measure by how many grains of moisture there are In a pound of air.

Relative humidity is the amount of moisture in a volume of air as a percentage of what it can hold at its current temperature.

Dew point is the temperature at which a specific volume of air with a specific humidity gets cold enough that it reaches 100% or more relative humidity and it's forced to mildly precipitate leaving moisture residue (or dew) on surfaces.

Sent from my device.

Last edited:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I would never want to read a book that utilizes the word "whilst" ever.

Actually, can you recommend me a science "book" that utilizes the word "whilst"?

The reason I ask is because I want to see if I can make it through without laughing so hard my .......ing head explodes.

science "book" that utilizes the word "whilst"
About 101,000,000 results
(0.69 seconds)
I leave the reading to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread