Variable Wattage Box Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
I have been using a Provari 2.5 for quite a while. It's reliable, and I know a lot of people consider them to be a highly reputable company- especially with the 2 year warranty.

However, I'm seeing a lot of the serious vappers on youtube using Variable Wattage Box mods and mechanical mods.

How does this differ from provari's variable voltage exactly?

Is it worth it to get a variable wattage box mod if i already own a very good pen style e-cig like the provari?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
If you are satisfied with your vaping style, then do not bother.
If you wish just to try using the same atties you use now, I'd recommend iStick 30 (very small, very convenient - I believe more convenient than Provari, not expensive to buy just for trying).
I you wish to go in high wattage and temperature control, then you have a wide selection, but I am not qualified to make advises here.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
The major difference is in the power you can push, with a variable voltage device you are generally pushing a pretty low wattage and have a limited range of Ohm's you can fire. If you want to blow bigger clouds than a box will help significantly because you can use sub ohm coils and tanks. If you like how you currently vape then another device will just give you a similar experience in a different package.

Reactions: Baditude

syrianrue

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
see i've been getting eliquids from fasttech, and when i placed my order they only had PG e-liquids, so all i have been getting are throat hits with not much smoke production at all T_T

I'm looking to buy a decent setup for my uncle, that's why i'm wondering what to get all over again.

At the moment, i'm debating whether to get a Aspire Nautilus Clearomizer starterkit
$49.23 Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini Clearo + CF VV 1000mAh Premium Kit - 2.0ml / 1.8ohm / US plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

or a variable Wattage Box mod with a nautilus clearomizer tank.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
You can never go wrong with provape for their devices. It all depends on what one wishes to do with their money. They are safe and reliable.

wattage is a component of voltage and vice versa depend on how one sets up the equation. Basically 2 different ways to get at the same end point. V = I x R and P = I x V. P is power V is voltage. there are some finer aspects but that is the basic.

Alien said it right. If you are happy, stay happy. :) Unless you like to turn it into a hobby.

Ohh you can't go wrong with that Aspire. Some like it others don't. Grab some VG and add it to your FT liquids. I got some from liquid from FT the other day. I usually mix my own or use unflavored. It wasn't great but adding some vg made it decent.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
However, I'm seeing a lot of the serious vappers on youtube using Variable Wattage Box Mods and mechanical mods.

How does this differ from provari's variable voltage exactly?
High wattage box mods will have more power to be able to fire sub-ohm coils. That's about the only difference, other than the form factor of tube vs box shaped.

Is it worth it to get a variable wattage box mod if i already own a very good pen style e-cig like the provari?

It all depends upon what your expectations are with your vape.

Should you consider getting into the realm of sub-ohm vaping, the Provari 2.5 will not fire a sub-ohm coil. The P3 Provari will fire a 0.5 ohm coil with the firmware update. However, if you are fully satisfied with standard resistance coils/tanks, you'll not find a better regulated mod than a Provari.

II own four Provari's. Three 2.5 and a P3. I use lower standard resistance coils (1.5 ohm) with the Provari's. I also own a mech for sub-ohm vaping (0.4 - 0.6 ohms range). I use both on a daily basis, depending upon my mood.

Why Provari?

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread