VGO King from vaporleaf.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBOY82

Jul 22, 2011
Louisville, KY
I just got my VGO King today and I must say i'm impressed. Only been vaping for a little over a month and have not had experience with many different ecigs only a 510 from smoke revolution but the vapor production and throat hit are great. Can't wait to get some different flavor carts because it came with 24mg tobacco flavor with isn't too great coming from a ex-menthol analog smoker. Has anyone else tried the VGO? And what are your thoughts?

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Haven't tried one. If its the one I'm thinking of I've seen them it looks just like the ego? ...well not quite the ego looks a little more polished (think that's the term I want). I imagine it would vape like an ego too which is to say it should be a decent pv so long as its not cheaply made so it doesn't break. Some ego look alike hold up well some don't.

There was actually someone posting a day or two ago looking to buy one but didn't know where to get it and I couldn't help him. I mean I can find it with google but not from a vendor I'm familiar with.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
And from what i've read the VGO vapes at a higher voltage like 3.7 volts and the ego goes at 3.2 volts if i'm not mistaken. But i've also heard that a fully charged VGO will vape at around 4.2 for a while then kinda balance down to its regular 3.7 volt.

Sounds pretty close to what I know of the Riva but this has an 808 connection right? Interesting. I started with 510 so I try to stay there. that kept me from getting the echo. I hope the guy who was asking the other day sees this thread so he'll know where to get it.

Welcome to ECF by the way,

JBOY82

Jul 22, 2011
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the welcome its good to be here. I do still like my 510 i'll just use that as my work ecig and the VGO as my at home and weekend cig. I do plan on getting a 808 to 510 adapter and putting a tank kit on but i'm not sure if I wanna do that or just order some blank cartomizers. Apparently unless i've just hadn't found it but I can't find an atty for the KR808D-1 seem you have to either use a cartomizer or get an adapter to use with other attys

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Thanks for the welcome its good to be here. I do still like my 510 i'll just use that as my work ecig and the VGO as my at home and weekend cig. I do plan on getting a 808 to 510 adapter and putting a tank kit on but i'm not sure if I wanna do that or just order some blank cartomizers. Apparently unless i've just hadn't found it but I can't find an atty for the KR808D-1 seem you have to either use a cartomizer or get an adapter to use with other attys

As far as I know you are right. Some people love the tanks and others hate them. If I were you I'd try both you never know your sweet spot till you find it. The 510 is a decent model but the ego styles are so much better not the best out there maybe but good enough for me.

espresso

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Taiwan
I just got my VGO King today and I must say i'm impressed. Only been vaping for a little over a month and have not had experience with many different ecigs only a 510 from smoke revolution but the vapor production and throat hit are great. Can't wait to get some different flavor carts because it came with 24mg tobacco flavor with isn't too great coming from a ex-menthol analog smoker. Has anyone else tried the VGO? And what are your thoughts?

I got vaperleaf's VGO, I asked for 16mg tobacco instead of 24.

Last edited:

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    I have no experience with the VGO. I believe it's made by Kanger while the Riva is made by another manufacturer. There are so many manufacturers with similar sounding or virtually identical model names it really gets confusing. As far as I know, the vape is very similar to the Riva.

Get yourself a 808-510 mini adapter and try the SmokTech Dual Coil or Boge LR cartomizers with your system. I'd probably skip the tank atomizers, but if you really want to try them, consider the low-resistance ones; the standard resistance tank atties really mute the flavor.

kaos731

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2011
    long Island, NY
    I have no experience with the VGO. I believe it's made by Kanger while the Riva is made by another manufacturer. There are so many manufacturers with similar sounding or virtually identical model names it really gets confusing. As far as I know, the vape is very similar to the Riva.

Get yourself a 808-510 mini adapter and try the SmokTech Dual Coil or Boge LR cartomizers with your system. I'd probably skip the tank atomizers, but if you really want to try them, consider the low-resistance ones; the standard resistance tank atties really mute the flavor.

This ^

Yes the tank set up seems like a good go at vaping with out any poly/ptb/Blue foam fill but they really DULL the taste of your eliquid.

Definitely stick with LR cartos around 1.7 to 2.0 ohm...... You will thank me later for this.

- Kaos

JBOY82

Jul 22, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I just got a order of fluxomizers from gotvapes the taste was excellent but after a little while i started getting a burnt taste , i looked up vids on how to optimize the fluxomizer and i've done all that was shown. When i look at the coil the wick is burnt black and i was making sure there was time for the liquid to properly wick to the coil. I got the LR version so maybe i should get a HR pack next time

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread