Vision spinner + 1.5 ohm smoktech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawman84

Nov 3, 2012
CO
I recently bought a vision spinner 3.3-4.8v battery with a vivi nova tank and I am not getting the hit consistency that I require. Another poster recommended a smoktech cartotank to me to improve consistency. I ordered one, in addition to some 1.5 ohm replacement cartos. However, I understand these might pose me some problems with wear and tear etc.? Can someone confirm/deny this or add any helpful tips? Also, if the 1.5s are usable, what voltage would be optimal? Cheers

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
First came the 3.7 volt ecig. Then came the higher voltage mods. The reason for a higher voltage mod is because they put out more vapor and a warmer vape. The only way to obtain more and warmer vapor you either have to raise the voltage or lower the resistance. To compete with the higher voltage mods the ecig companies came out with a low resistance carto/atty. Well everyone was liking these and thought I bet they even work better on the higher voltage mods. For some they do but it does cause more stress on your battery. It's like putting Aviation gas in your car. It runs better but at a cost However if you use these LR atty/cartos on the 3.7 volt ecigs they were designed for you shouldn't cause any problems for your equipment or batteries.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I prefer a 2 ohm single coil carto in the twist/spinner...as it allows me the ability to get the full range of voltage from the device...as far as carto brands, the ikenvape platinum series are simply the best on the planet right now , and i can assure you that they will outlast and outperform a smoke tech dual coil any day

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

plinkadink

Nov 16, 2012
ca
you should have no problem using a smok DCT with a Vision spinner (i use that combo sometimes when i'm running errands etc. works great)
Ive definitely had better luck with the tanks that have stainless caps over those with plastic caps as far as longevity. wear and tear wise you shouldn't really have any problems, just make sure you dont pop out the o-ring when you pull out the carto. go slow and it should be fine.
if you can, i would recommend getting the cartos with extra holes (2-3 the feed is a lot better and you dont have to mess with carto punches etc)

1.5 ohm are great, i would start at 3.7/3.8V and work your way up or down till you get a hit you like.
the only thing to remember about cartos is to make sure to keep them wet, you dont want to get dry spots

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread