Not open for further replies.

Nuuze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Norcal
facebook.com
Hi ECF,

I liked my first Vivi Nova so much I bought a second. When the second arrived it looks different from the first and doesn't look like the heads are interchangable. Can someone tell me what I have?

-Left was ordered as GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE tank.
GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

-Right was ordered as Heathers Heavenly Vapes Vivi Nova 3ml(?) v2.5 Mop Head Clearomizer tank System.
Vivi Nova v2.5 Mop Head Clearomizer Tank System - $14.99 : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

40CDC572-3248-473D-83C7-E85B5E2D4626-18945-00000A6E1A58E493.jpg

Doogmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Lake Tahoe

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
http://www.visionecigar.com/

This is a link to the official site. Looks like many might have been deceived.
now when I say deceived, I dont think Heathers would do that, unfortunately they get it from a distributor and they can only rely on what the distributor offers them. It is unfortunate,but even when I did a search for the official site there were a few others.

Last edited:

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
http://www.visionecigar.com/

This is a link to the official site. Looks like many might have been deceived.
now when I say deceived, I dont think Heathers would do that, unfortunately they get it from a distributor and they can only rely on what the distributor offers them. It is unfortunate,but even when I did a search for the official site there were a few others.

A Lot of the Bigger Vendor websites buy directly from the Manufacturer - thus totally bypassing what are traditionally known as "Channel Partners". This further allows the Bigger Vendor to offer their products at a lower price since the unquoted distributors aren't getting their cut like they use to. Websites such as Alibaba have created commerce based on being as close to the manufacturing process as possible and then selling directly to where the end-customer will pay money for the product.

Sometimes I hate having a Real Business Degree.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
The Heather's Vivi device has an atty head cover (the metal bit inside the silicone) which is pointed. I find these on my Stardust tanks (both from Vision and knock-offs). I don't believe Vivi Nova atty covers have this point regardless of their manufacturer. You could have a Stardust atty in a Nova device. Frankenstein style. In any case. Your GotVapes tank is the only real deal in the pic. I would contact HHV and ask for clarification. What a pain to have to deal with different attys on similar devices.

Nuuze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Norcal
facebook.com
the one on the right is a stardust head. although they are different, they are interchangeable . they will work on a nova. some people like them better than the originals.

Yes, the head will fit on one another. But if you'll notice, the base shaft of the two are not the same length.

sej016

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
UK
Yes, the head will fit on one another. But if you'll notice, the base shaft of the two are not the same length.

Indeed, they may fit. But if you put the head on the right on the one on the left it ends up too long.
And if you put the head on the left on the one on the right, it's too short.

In either case, the unit will not close or seal properly.

I buy juice from juice vendors and hardware from hardware vendors, but that's just how I roll. :)
"Never the twain shall meet"

HHV had something using the word "mop head" on thier clearos as well.....indeed look like mop heads, not the vision wicks so I knew then they were dealing w/some kinda knock-offs.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Those of you who do not rebuild your Vivi Nova heads will probably not have noticed this (or care, probably), but I have two kind of VNs ... some 3.5ml "full size" ones which I know are knock-offs (got them in a co-op), and some 2ml "minis" which I assume are genuine Vision VNs because I bought it from an authorized VN dealer ... and while the heads on the full-size ones cannot be interchanged with the mini ones, neither of them has the pointy spike on top; the full-size variety has a flat metal insert in the silicon cap that goes on the head while the mini variety has a deeper metal insert with a conical well. Both heads seem to work well in their role of sealing the top cap, but they are definitely not interchangeable.

Of more importance to me as a head-rebuilder is the fact that the full-size knockoffs have a thicker, white silicon grommet in the base of the head, with a smaller positive pin than the authentic Vision mini, which has a thinner, beige rubber grommet with a larger positive pin. The white silicon grommets on the knockoffs are much less likely to burn where the coil legs pass through, while I have had the coil legs burn completely through one side of the beige rubber grommets on the original Vision.

One other oddity ... the knockoffs came in a nice little black box with a red SGS logo on the outside, and two extra heads inside, while the genuine Vision (I guess) came in a plastic bag ... no box and no extra heads. Maybe that was some sort of special from the vendor, or maybe that's just the way the Vision minis come ...

On both the knockoffs and the genuine Visions, the stock coils and wicks are worthless, IMO. However, re-wicking with cheesecloth or bamboo and wrapping coils with NR legs makes them very nice performers, indeed. I got a bit of an off-taste the first couple of times, which I think was a plastic-y taste from the tank itself, but after I cleaned them thoroughly with near-boiling hot water, that off-taste went away and has never returned. I'm finding the VNs to be excellent, and with 2-3Ω coils they really rock on my 1000mAh SS eGo Twists.

Bottom line: clean 'em, re-wick 'em, re-coil 'em, and love 'em! :laugh:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Those of you who do not rebuild your Vivi Nova heads will probably not have noticed this (or care, probably), but I have two kind of VNs ... some 3.5ml "full size" ones which I know are knock-offs (got them in a co-op), and some 2ml "minis" which I assume are genuine Vision VNs because I bought it from an authorized VN dealer ... and while the heads on the full-size ones cannot be interchanged with the mini ones, neither of them has the pointy spike on top; the full-size variety has a flat metal insert in the silicon cap that goes on the head while the mini variety has a deeper metal insert with a conical well. Both heads seem to work well in their role of sealing the top cap, but they are definitely not interchangeable.

Of more importance to me as a head-rebuilder is the fact that the full-size knockoffs have a thicker, white silicon grommet in the base of the head, with a smaller positive pin than the authentic Vision mini, which has a thinner, beige rubber grommet with a larger positive pin. The white silicon grommets on the knockoffs are much less likely to burn where the coil legs pass through, while I have had the coil legs burn completely through one side of the beige rubber grommets on the original Vision.

One other oddity ... the knockoffs came in a nice little black box with a red SGS logo on the outside, and two extra heads inside, while the genuine Vision (I guess) came in a plastic bag ... no box and no extra heads. Maybe that was some sort of special from the vendor, or maybe that's just the way the Vision minis come ...

On both the knockoffs and the genuine Visions, the stock coils and wicks are worthless, IMO. However, re-wicking with cheesecloth or bamboo and wrapping coils with NR legs makes them very nice performers, indeed. I got a bit of an off-taste the first couple of times, which I think was a plastic-y taste from the tank itself, but after I cleaned them thoroughly with near-boiling hot water, that off-taste went away and has never returned. I'm finding the VNs to be excellent, and with 2-3Ω coils they really rock on my 1000mAh SS eGo Twists.

Bottom line: clean 'em, re-wick 'em, re-coil 'em, and love 'em! :laugh:

wow its great to hear that the knockoffs have a better grommet. that vision gromet leaves much to be desired. some modders are even using the grommet from a CE2 clearo to rebuild novas. its hard to figure out why vision wouldnt use the most optimum material for this gromet in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread