Vivi Nova (or mini) VS EGO CC clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWHAZ

Aug 14, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I bought a Vivi Nova Mini and the new eGo 2.4ml CC CE4 Clearomizer. Both have 1.8 ohm coils. When I vape with the Vivi I taste a plasticky taste on top of the taste of my juice that I do not get with the eGo 2.4ml CC CE4 Clearomizer. I have also used some of the smaller non rebuildable ego clearomizers and they taste fine as well. I read in another post that the Vivi Nova can require half the tank to be vaped before the juice tastes right. That doesn't make sense and I vaped the whole tank and even changed the coil and refilled again and it still has that funny taste. Has anyone else experiended this? Is this a design flaw with the Vivi Tank or it's coils? I love the construction of the Vivi since both ends can be completely removed from the tube for a thorough cleaning, but I can't have that plastic taste on top of my juice. BTW, I use VG based juiced from Aroma (I have to have the WTA type juice - nic only does not work for me).

Thanks

Last edited:

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
vivi novas can have a primer on the wick when purchased. i don't know why it would still taste bad after use. i have a bunch of them and have no issues. i usually rinse new heads in hot water and let dry before the first time though.
give the head a cleaning in hot water
it might help in case the primer cooked with your juice on the the coil

MWHAZ

Aug 14, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
vivi novas can have a primer on the wick when purchased. i don't know why it would still taste bad after use. i have a bunch of them and have no issues. i usually rinse new heads in hot water and let dry before the first time though.
give the head a cleaning in hot water
it might help in case the primer cooked with your juice on the the coil

I'll have to try cleaning the head next time before using. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread