Vivi Nova tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameless73

Oct 30, 2012
Nebraska, USA
Hi all! New to the forum & vaping. Trying to convert from a 1 1/2 to 2 PAD habit for 20 yrs to strictly vape.
So far so good down to 2-5 nasty cigs a day, vaping for about a month.

The main reason for this post is to pass along a little tip for the vivi nova mini which I just love. I picked up some 2.4-2.6 ohm ce-2 fluxomizers from gotvapes & was not the least bit impressed with them but they got me buy till I got my mini vivi. After I recived my vivi nova mini I vaped the hell out of it & burnt the sleeve inside the 2.4 ohm head it had a horrible taste so I decided to remove it. Bad decision. After removing the coil I realized the leads were to short to put it back (tried cutting it out first no dice), kind of desperate for a fix I carefully busted the coil out of a unused fluxomizer making sure the extra leads stayed in tact & proceeded to put that in the nova head wick & all. End result vapecity!!:vapor: And no wicking issues.

So for all of you vivi nova lovers out there that might have some unused fluxomizers lying around or want a cheaper way to replace the head this might be the way to go. $6 plus shipping for 5 fluxomizers compared to $3 plus shipping per nova head.

Anyway Vape on!

IMWylde

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
USA
I see your new. Welcome. Cool that your first post was a tip. You will fit in well here.

ECF is full of good info for you. I recommend you read EVERYTHING, some of the best advice anywhere right here on these pages.

For instance :)
You may not realize you can get the wire and wick at prices that bring the cost per coil down to about 25 cents. Probably a little easier then the surgery you had to perform. Do a search and you'll find out how step by step. This place is about to become your new home away from home. Enjoy.

TheVap3Junkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Bunker Hill, WV
The whole thing with using wick & kanthal was looking at shipping time & only backup was those fluxomizers which I personally despise. So it was a quick & dirty fix. Dirty being the key word. lol
Not to mention my patients needs some serious work.

So far I love the forum & thanks for the warm welcome.

I love making something out of something else. Plus if they suck and you paid for them might as well get your money out of them.

orlan r johnson

Nov 6, 2012
graham
  • Deleted by johnnymaestro
  • Reason: spamming for post count

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Well since you have gotten your feet wet you should order some .8 - 1 mm braided silica wick and some 30-34 gauge kanthal resistance wire and wind your own wicks. I am still on my originals but that is what I plan on doing. I rewicked a Ce 5 just for practice. I have not done it yet but the full size Vivi can be rewicked with SS mesh. I plan on trying that too.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Peronally, Id stay away from silica wicks.Theres some evidence to support microscopic shards of silica entering your lungs and ejuice this way.

If youre looking for something a little more organic you can buy #10 bamboo thread from Michaels or Hobby lobby or just use plain old 100 percent cotton yarn boiled for 30 minutes to release any residual chemicals. Ive heard great results from each of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread