vivi nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

psauf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Belleville, IL
New user here just wondering if anyone has used the vivi nova with an 808 battery? all i have is an 808 I bought the vivi and 808 to 510 adapter. I have an ego twist on the way, a couple of days behind the vivi, and want to know if it will work for the time being? also any tips for the vivi will be greatly appreciated. THANKS

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
Twist + nova is a great setup.

Remember to let the wicks soak up the juice for 5-10 minutes before vaping after you fill it. Some people have good luck priming the coil by dripping 1 MAYBE 2 drops directly on the coil as well beforehand. When the juice gets lower in the tank, remember to mix the juice around so the wick stays wet at the atomizer. Enjoy!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
With the Twist start out low on the volltage and turn it up until you hit your "sweet spot". Too high on low res clearo and you'll get a burnt taste. 1.8 ohms best at 3.7-4.2. 2.4 ohm clearo best for the Twist as it gives the widest range of voltage possible. Here's a ohms to volts chart:

foC5l.jpg

Last edited:

psauf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Belleville, IL
soooo my vivi nova is a mini. Got it, checked it out, put it together, and filled it. Shook it, added the adapter but on battery and let it sit for 15 min (did dishes) then I tried it out. works great for what i have to work with. Only one problem it was too airy from the adapter. there are vent holes on the battery threads and on the threads of the vivi as well. I fixed that though. I took a carto condom cut the end off slipped it over the space between battery and adapter. I cant wait to get my twist, then who knows maybe onto a pv mod.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes many use adapters when the draw is too tight. Glad you tinkered and got it right :thumbs:

soooo my vivi nova is a mini. Got it, checked it out, put it together, and filled it. Shook it, added the adapter but on battery and let it sit for 15 min (did dishes) then I tried it out. works great for what i have to work with. Only one problem it was too airy from the adapter. there are vent holes on the battery threads and on the threads of the vivi as well. I fixed that though. I took a carto condom cut the end off slipped it over the space between battery and adapter. I cant wait to get my twist, then who knows maybe onto a pv mod.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
When I put my Mini Novas on my twists, I use the little couplers/spacers (thread sleeves) to fill that gap between the threads and the tank. In my case, I got the little thread sleeves from GotVapes, type "B" (I ordered black, they sent me chrome, I don't think it matters as far as construction). If the tank is screwed on all the way, and the thread sleeve is all the way down, there is still a gap (not huge, but noticeable) between the bottom of the tank and the top of the thread sleeve. I can loosen the thread sleeve from the battery and move it up closer to the tank. By doing this, I can effectively control how airy my draw is. If I screw the thread sleeve up flush against the tank, the draw is very tight. I can't imagine it's supposed to be this way, but it's a fairly useful "flaw".

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
When I put my Mini Novas on my twists, I use the little couplers/spacers (thread sleeves) to fill that gap between the threads and the tank. In my case, I got the little thread sleeves from GotVapes, type "B" (I ordered black, they sent me chrome, I don't think it matters as far as construction). If the tank is screwed on all the way, and the thread sleeve is all the way down, there is still a gap (not huge, but noticeable) between the bottom of the tank and the top of the thread sleeve. I can loosen the thread sleeve from the battery and move it up closer to the tank. By doing this, I can effectively control how airy my draw is. If I screw the thread sleeve up flush against the tank, the draw is very tight. I can't imagine it's supposed to be this way, but it's a fairly useful "flaw".

I agree with your observations. They don't have an air slot cut into them like the other style thread sleeves do. I thought the length would match up better than this. They are OK but I find I prefer the large tank sleeve, even on the Mini. It gives a bit of something to stop it from sliding through my hand. I was thinking of filing the edge of the large sleeve down to match the width of the Mini but I think mine is made of brass and chrome plated. So it would look kind of 'two toned' if I did. I may do it anyway because they have the air slot cut in and you can screw them up to the tank without choking the air supply.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread