Vivo Nova on the SMOK Vmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadjaz

Sep 15, 2012
Irvine, CA
Hello everyone,

It is a pleasure to join this forum. I just got into vaping and I love it. I just bought the Vmax (version 2) by SMOK variable voltage with Vivi Nova clearomizers. My question is that I noticed with a 2.4ohm head I can get good flavor and vape around 3.5-3.6V. When I tried the 1.8ohm head, at the lowest voltage setting of 3.0V it tasted bad. A couple of notches of voltage and started to taste bunrt. I guess my question is, is that normal for the 1.8 to not work even on the lowest voltage setting? If that is the case, why even put that one on. The 2.4 head seems to work great but after 3.6V the flavor starts to change dramatically. I am still new to all this vaping stuff so what I am trying to figure out is what carto, clearo, etc. wourks the best for flavor and vape on my Vmax. I was told the Vivi nova is great but, if out of the 3 heads they give, one (1.8) doesn't work then what is the point. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again. Happy vaping!!!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

The problem is not with the Vivi Nova. The VMax hits a lot harder than it should. The PWM is not calibrated properly so it gives an equivalent of a resulting higher voltage. That's just what they do. Many people enjoy the resulting harder hit, but it also means that you have to use the low settings or higher ohm heads. The 2.8 ohm head should have no problems. Keep the 1.8 head for future use in case you get a lower or fixed voltage battery. Back ups are always a good idea.

The 3 heads are included (with some vendors) so that the Vivi Nova is usable for everyone. You will need to have spare heads for future use, so order the 2.8 ohm ones for the VMax. You may also choose to make your own coils for the heads. In that case you can make what is best for your VMax.

Relax, Enjoy!

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and what he said . I find that a 2.8 carto or Vivi 2.8 works great on my Vmax . I have an Array carto tank , that I have been using on my Provari @4.2 volts . On the Vmax , I run it at 3 volts . Produces the same effect . So like said before , the Vmax hits a lot harder @ lower voltages than the Provari's , and all the Lava tube's and clones . But in it's favor , the bats seem to last longer in the Vmax , than in the Provari .

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Thanks for the reply, X. I figured that it hit harder but I thought I was told that they fixed that issue in the version 2. Perhaps, it appears, that they did not. Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Just FYI , they did not change that , even in the version 4 , which is what I have .

sadjaz

Sep 15, 2012
Irvine, CA
Just in case you feel like messing around you can rebuild the heads for next to nothing and make a 3ohm coil very easy or even slightly higher and then you can really get the full range of VV. The rebuilt ones if you do it right are better than new ones.

Ultimately, that is what I want to do but I am such a noob with all of this, I don't know how to go about doing that and I would definitely screw it up. Thanks for the info though.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I got a simular result using the 1.8 ohm head on a provari at 2.9 volts . I agree why bother with that one the 2.4 is a much better choice . When you use such a low resistance head you have no adjustability you can only use the lowest setting you can't find a sweet spot or adjust up or down to taste and even then it seems too hot at the lowest setting .

Good day, I am new to this forum. sadjaz, It is a good combination, the Vivi Nova and V-Max. Here is my recommendation for you. There is an 4 ohm head available. Use it, you can vape all the way up to 5.0v with out that burnt taste. The flavor is amazing. or you can study up a bit and rebuild the head! But the 4 ohm is defiantly the best imo! Good luck and Good Vaping!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread