Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Okay okay, i know. Dont crucify me just yet. I know the REO is a true mech and is more durable, with the ability to blind squonk and use RDAs.

The thing is, i have read that the Vmod can be modded for blind squonking and use RDAs as well. And even though i like the look and color combinations of REOs, i do feel like i would prefer the bottle position of the Vmod.

So, thats out of the way. Lets talk strictly function: as a bottom feeder, what are the differences between REOs and Vmods? Like which one is more consistent in delivering juice to coil? Which one leaks less? Which one just generally vapes better? You know, things like that.

I ask because i know of some people trying to sell their Vmods and i am thissss close to biting the bullet and buying a brand new REO grand. Sigh...

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
Okay okay, i know. Dont crucify me just yet. I know the REO is a true mech and is more durable, with the ability to blind squonk and use RDAs.

The thing is, i have read that the Vmod can be modded for blind squonking and use RDAs as well. And even though i like the look and color combinations of REOs, i do feel like i would prefer the bottle position of the Vmod.

So, thats out of the way. Lets talk strictly function: as a bottom feeder, what are the differences between REOs and Vmods? Like which one is more consistent in delivering juice to coil? Which one leaks less? Which one just generally vapes better? You know, things like that.

I ask because i know of some people trying to sell their Vmods and i am thissss close to biting the bullet and buying a brand new REO grand. Sigh...

Well I'never owned a vmod. However if both mods fell off a bar onto concrete. I'm pretty sure I know which one still works. I have had one Reo heavy use for about 7 months. Doesn't leak, I don't see how it could especially with the rm2. Because the o ring in the cup to seat it, then the bring on the brass. The only place juice can leave is thru the air hole or the drip tip. I put it in my pocket all the time and it doesn't even leak out the air hole. Because the juice flows down in the bottle due to the design of the rba's ceramic cup.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I can offer this bro:
I've seen countless posts where people have went from VM to REO and never looked back.

I've seen exactly 2 where someone went the other way.

That and the RBA thing. I've seen some VMs modded to run an RBA. Wasn't the tightest looking application I've seen. If your serious about RBAs, then you have to consider that you'll have to rig your setup out of the gate to do something it was not designed to do.

Squonking, you'll master it whichever way you go, so it's kinda mute. I find it very intuitive with a REO but have no first hand experience with any other BF to compare to.

I've never had a REO leak. I have had 7. Only if it tips over in your pocket and you didn't vape what you squonked might it leak.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for whichever way you go bro :)

Check out our forum if you get a chance:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/

Last edited:

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I have had both Vmods and REOs. I liked the vmod it got me interested in bottom feeders and it only leaked by my user errors.

The few things about vmod that i didn't like is just my preferences in a mod. The main one is the cone that has to be used to keep the outside of the mod attached. Why i didn't like it is because some of the shorty cartos i used were to short to get out or in without my having to remove the cone. People were buying different attachments to replace the cone but i didn't want to have to because the cone was what it looked best with.

So i bought a Reo to see if it met my expectations which it did. It is sturdy and easy to open for battery changes and every carto fits.

I also like that the bottle is easy to squonk without looking for bubbles. You can see the juice in the well cup and know it is there. If I get to much juice it is very easy to take off the carto or atty and get rid of any extra.

The only way to truly know is read first and then decide what is the best for you by trial...

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Okay, looks like im stuck saving up for a REO then... Although ive read that the box shape of REOs are not very comfortable the in the hand. I have pretty big hands but the Grand does look like it could hurt if used for a long time. Thoughts?

Also, i went to see some blem REOs on the site. Some of them dont have pictures - whats up with that?

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
They are slightly rounded on the edges so they are comfy to hold. I have small hands and the Grand fits perfectly.

If the picture isn't there then just go to the Grand mod page and you can see it. If you need more info on what Rob has currently then you can PM him on ECF and ask. Just go to his forum here and look for redeyedancer.

Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
the Grand does look like it could hurt if used for a long time. Thoughts?

Thought: Don't be silly, just accept your fate. And thanks for the Boba's, bro!!! Just about to make a new coil for the IGO and see what the fuss is about :D

The grand is not uncomfortable to hold or use for long periods of time, at all.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Thought: Don't be silly, just accept your fate. And thanks for the Boba's, bro!!! Just about to make a new coil for the IGO and see what the fuss is about :D

The grand is not uncomfortable to hold or use for long periods of time, at all.

Least i could do :D let me know when the parts are ready, i just realize because i try to keep such a lean collection now i have like 1 device left to use.

Okay tonight is gonna be a long struggle to not buy a blem REO.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Well, my VMod was very close to leak proof, with cartos and premade atomizers. When I rigged RBAs to it, it started leaking a bit. Not much. The design of the VMod, however, made it inconvenient for me to use with RBAs. The atomizer itself was holding the shell in place, so it had to be unscrewed every time I had to change the battery or refill the juice. Since I've decided to fully switch to RBAs, that was a deal breaker for me.

Without the modification to the feeding system (see my blog), I hated VMod's squonking. It was very inconsistent to me. Some people really don't mind it though.

Size wise, Reo Grand and VMod XL are about identical.

Bottom line, having owned both, I much prefer Reo. But this is just my very subjective opinion.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I see a nice blem Mini on the site but will probably hold out for a Grand.

Smart choice bro. I started with minis but after getting a grand and seeing that they were not much bigger than mini but with double the juice and 2000mah battery I was hooked. Sold my minis and got more grands.

Look forward to seeing you over in the REO forum. Oh and if you don't see what you are looking for you can PM Rob ( it's better than emailing him) and he can usually hook a brother up :)

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Smart choice bro. I started with minis but after getting a grand and seeing that they were not much bigger than mini but with double the juice and 2000mah battery I was hooked. Sold my minis and got more grands.

Look forward to seeing you over in the REO forum. Oh and if you don't see what you are looking for you can PM Rob ( it's better than emailing him) and he can usually hook a brother up :)

Thanks X. What do you mean by what im looking for? Like in colors?

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Kanj.. why did you do this to me??

Better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all? Not so sure about this one... is there such a thing as a good legit BB approximation? Cause I just can't handle the exclusivity of the real thing but I.. must.. HAVE.. MOAR!!

edit- already read about Catskill Mountain.. scratch that one.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks X. What do you mean by what im looking for? Like in colors?

Yep, colors or blems. I just PM or call him and he usually replies with "let me see what I have out in the shop".

He usually has some that haven't made it up on the website yet :)

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
Yep, colors or blems. I just PM or call him and he usually replies with "let me see what I have out in the shop".

He usually has some that haven't made it up on the website yet :)

Super you bought blems haven't you? The reason I ask is because my first was as well. And well I've tried to locate them and can't. I just wondered if this is normal? Because I swear I don't see them.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread