Vuse TV commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Camel is introducing a new ecig called Vuse.

Camel Maker Returns to TV With E-Cig Ad 43 Years Later - Bloomberg

What do you all think. Will this help or hinder the future of ecigs?

The Vuse isn't exactly new, though ads for it may be. There's a sub forum for it here ==> Vuse Digital Vapor System

ETA: Out of curiosity I went to the sub forum for the Vuse (knew it was created over a month ago) but alas, not a single thread. Maybe that goes towards your question of it becoming a player in the game ;)

Last edited:

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
This one's interesting, with compelling arguments on both sides...

Personally, I think the more people vaping instead of smoking the better for all of us. These are entry level devices, and people using them will soon enough start looking for longer battery life, and larger juice capacity...

They will also get tired of the expense of disposables and/or pre-filled cartridges. That drives them to us...

On the other side this whole thing scares the crap out of my boss who's afraid of all the tobacco regulations involved with interstate transportation, selling on-line, flavors, etc...

Somehow we have to force recognition that we are in a 3rd category entirely. We are not a tobacco product. Nicotine can be sourced from many plants besides tobacco. and secondly we do not want to be classified as a drug delivery system.

PVs are a Harm Reduction Alternative to traditional smoking, and need to be recognized as such.

However, regardless of what country you live in, the government has always showed a lazy approach to such things, prefering to lump something new in with something they see as similar, rather than categorizing it as what it really is...

It's that Old Chinese Curse once again, "May You Live In Interesting Times!"

Paul Maul

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2013
Topeka, KS
funny hah... can't have it both ways, can't bash vaping and try to get it banned then produce e-cigs and try to get in on it too ha

What the bigs are hoping is that internet sales of ecigs are banned or heavily restricted so that people will be forced into obtaining them at B&M outlets only where the cigarette companies have vastly more marketing heft than they do online. They don't even have to actively campaign for such restrictions since the FDA is already institutionally disposed to do their dirty work for them. All Big Tobacco really has to do is scoop up existing cigalike brands and wait for the FDA hit squad to repress online ecig activity. The best we can hope for with RJR is that they do not develop their ecig line in-house because their proprietary attempts to mimic Swedish snus resulted in a product of simply stupefying wretchedness.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
The last 2 years I smoked I was black market importing my cigarettes from Argentina by the case (too damn expensive here)...

The 1st year and a half after I discovered there was more to PVs than Njoy PenStyle cartridges and attys I was importing them directly from China. I managed to do both even when there were import restrictions, and only lost 1 maybe 2 shipments, which the manufacturer immediately replaced...

Vaping has gone too far to be stopped... We no longer have to resort to the black market to get our gear...
Batteries, Kanthal, Hemp Twine, stainless steel mesh, VG, PG, food flavorings, AA battery Project boxes, and even PVC, steel, or led pipe will always be available for thousands of uses... Nicotine can be extracted at home if need be...

They can't stop us from vaping... They can hurt or even destroy thousands of small companies like ours, but vaping WILL survive.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The Vuse isn't exactly new, though ads for it may be. There's a sub forum for it here ==> Vuse Digital Vapor System

ETA: Out of curiosity I went to the sub forum for the Vuse (knew it was created over a month ago) but alas, not a single thread. Maybe that goes towards your question of it becoming a player in the game ;)

It's totally freaky that there's nothing on youtube or in the sub-forum on this. I hear they are available in Colorado now. I don't care if you love em or hate em, but since when are there no reviews?

There's an OLD review of a different Vuse product on youtube...he's using a prototype or disposable...not the same thing. I've been trying to get a look at this supposed "game changer" super-mini. No go. Strange. Just the media hype like that link above. No real reviews.

I'm sure they will surface in time........

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
It's totally freaky that there's nothing on youtube or in the sub-forum on this. I hear they are available in Colorado now. I don't care if you love em or hate em, but since when are there no reviews?

There's an OLD review of a different Vuse product on youtube...he's using a prototype or disposable...not the same thing. I've been trying to get a look at this supposed "game changer" super-mini. No go. Strange. Just the media hype like that link above. No real reviews.

Yeah, in a lot of areas (specially mods) the e-cig industry seems to be trying to model itself after the movie industry...

1st there's a big announcement and maybe a teases... 3 months later you get a trailer... then you get progressively more frequent trailers over the next 6 to 9 months then 9 months to a year after the initial announcement the movie (mod) is finally released!

Personally, I find it tiresome!

Just Shut the frack Up until you're ready to release the damn thing!

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma

Game changer my a**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread