Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
hey guys just got my brother to quit smoking and actually bought him a decent set-up (or what I thought was a decent set-up). I got him a vamo v-2 and a protank2. after a couple of days the vamo wouldn't fire. I pulled out the firing pin and got it working again. a short time later it happened again. the store said there are known issues regarding this problem with the protank and certain vv mods. anyways the store is going to swap it for any other vv device I want and if I go with a more expensive mod I would just have to add the extra cash. ok, I have these choices/ innokin svd/ sigelie z-max ss/ tesla/ vamo v-3/ or the ksd k-max telescoping mod. personally I don't vape the protank and never have owned any of these mods so I have no idea, my question is, does anyone own one of these mods and also vape a protank on it and have absolutely no issues like the one stated above. thank you

I just started vaping an SVD and a Protank 1. Very happy with the setup and no issues. Make sure he gets two batteries. I go through two 2000mAh 18650's a day. He'll need a charger too since the SVD doesn't ship with one.

The draw is smooth. I've only had gurgling once because I was drawing too hard. Once I eased up it's a real smooth vape. I like the SVD because you can set power OR voltage. When you set the power, the rig automatically adjusts the voltage to give the necessary power, regardless of coil resistance. The rig just looks awesome too. It's like the SVD and Protank were made to go together.

Last edited:

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
I did a lot of research before deciding on the Innokin SVD. Ultimately, the Innokin stood out among nearly all the options you've listed (I didn't look into the Tesla and KSD) for features, build quality, ease of use, performance and reliability. That's not to say that the SVD is flawless, but generally, there appears to be less complaints about the SVD than the Vamo or Z-MAX. With Chinese manufacturing, you have to accept that there will be lemons, and that some factories will produce more or less than others.

Now, I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail (hopefully today), but that's what convinced me to take the plunge. Well, that and Twizted360's Youtube review (Youtube channel: Vaping420). I'd post a direct link here, but I can't access the 'tube at work.

Last edited:

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
Solid setup!

IMAG0825.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I just started vaping an SVD and a Protank 1. Very happy with the setup and no issues. Make sure he gets two batteries. I go through two 2000mAh 18650's a day. He'll need a charger too since the SVD doesn't ship with one.

The draw is smooth. I've only had gurgling once because I was drawing too hard. Once I eased up it's a real smooth vape. I like the SVD because you can set power OR voltage. When you set the power, the rig automatically adjusts the voltage to give the necessary power, regardless of coil resistance. The rig just looks awesome too. It's like the SVD and Protank were made to go together.

thanks, appreciate it

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I did a lot of research before deciding on the Innokin SVD. Ultimately, the Innokin stood out among nearly all the options you've listed (I didn't look into the Tesla and KSD) for features, build quality, ease of use, performance and reliability. That's not to say that the SVD is flawless, but generally, there appears to be less complaints about the SVD than the Vamo or Z-MAX. With Chinese manufacturing, you have to accept that there will be lemons, and that some factories will produce more or less than others.

Now, I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail (hopefully today), but that's what convinced me to take the plunge. Well, that and Twizted360's Youtube review (Youtube channel: Vaping420). I'd post a direct link here, but I can't access the 'tube at work.

good points, and good luck with yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread