VV/VW fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeinholt

Jul 10, 2014
Norfolk, UK
Had a Diamond Mist Apollo (AKA i-Joy E-Top) for less than 24 hours when it died. The display worked but the unit was not outputting any power to the atomizer. When it did briefly work it was very impressive, even with a CE5 clearomizer on it. Had been using Ego-c batteries for years and fancied a change - does anyone have any experience with the VTR from innokin? I am looking for a VV/VW unit to use at home so size is not an issue. Quite happy using Ego-c's + CE5 when I am out.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Like others have stated, it is common for atomizers to push down the center pin on the battery. Try this....

first, turn off the battery. then with a small screwdriver, gently pry up the center pin.. applying light pressure in one area, then go around the connector. it will slowly pry up. do that until the center pin is about a millimeter or two higher than when you began. here's a video of someone doing it: Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery - YouTube

The center pin is usually caused by over tightening the atomizer. when you screw it on, just do it to "light finger tight". There may be a small gap, but if you get rid of that gap, you get rid of any "free play" you might have. another option is to get an atomizer with a spring loaded center contact. They have those to help prevent such a thing from happening. You can get those in a Top coil, but usually not in bottom coil clearomizers.

Hope that helps a bit.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I checked with a voltmeter - no power, so I reckon I was just unlucky enough to get one with duff internals.

heh.. you replied while I was typing. :) yea, send it back and get a replacement. might just be a bad solder connection on the center pin. Since you just got it, I'm sure they'll replace it.

madeinholt

Jul 10, 2014
Norfolk, UK
Got an RMA form through in my e-mail to send the Apollo back so put a big tick in the refund box. Did not like the button frenzy required to access all the different functions on the thing either - when it did briefly work. It would not take long too reach the button cycle lifespan!!!!
Just been reading up on the VTR and it does seem to be the mutt's nuts, without going daft on expenditure. Have ordered one to see if it lives up to the reviews.

TheChromeKamuro

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Sturgeon, MO USA
Um...at the risk of appearing to jack madeinholt's thread, may I ask a question of you, NealBJr?

What about a brand new Ce4 polycarbonate clearomizer that won't work on any of my batteries? :C

Guy said he'd send me another for $6.50 delivered. Psshh...I can get a KangerTech tank for that...

Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Um...at the risk of appearing to jack madeinholt's thread, may I ask a question of you, NealBJr?

What about a brand new Ce4 polycarbonate clearomizer that won't work on any of my batteries? :C

Guy said he'd send me another for $6.50 delivered. Psshh...I can get a KangerTech tank for that...

There can be two reasons they're bad.

1) sometimes the coil isn't seated right. if you have the materials and patience, you can recoil them, but it's not easy, and I'd only recommend it to someone experienced.
2) it could be that the center pin was pushed UP. on the non spring loaded center pin, it's just "flush fitted". If you have a small set of tweezers, you can try pulling the center pin out just a bit and see if that works. Be careful not to pull it out too much, it just needs to be pulled out like .5 millimeters. too much, and you'll disconnect the wires and it would need to be recoiled. Look at This video, and reference 3:44-3:58. He is pointing to the part that could be pushed in too far.

Hope that helps a bit.

tonyzou1221

Moved On
Jul 15, 2014
Dongguan, Guangdong, China
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread