Warning: My Aspire Atlantis coil just FELL APART while I was vaping, and particles got lodged in my throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
I don't mean to go off the original topic but thought this might be a decent place to post this since I haven't had much luck in a thread I made. My brother has an Atlantis and after reading about the mystery material I had him give me some of his coils so I could rebuild them with just KJD. I have watched some videos on how people are doing it but the one part I am unsure about is do you have to re-use the sliver of cotton that goes in the slot and covers up the wicking holes? Can I replace it with something else? Can I go without it or will it flood? How are you guys rebuilding these things?

Now after reading all of this I wonder if I don't just buy him something else to use with a horizontal coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
My latest Atlantis coil vaped exclusively with Wakonda.
d8f8353a2b9f34f0e7b613e196f9d4ea.jpg
fb52edae5674c13a4cf9f6d8780e48bf.jpg

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
these tanks are new and as always we are the guinea pigs. No matter what the material there seems to be some hazard or another. The best we can do is share our experiences on here and hopefully someone who might know something will chime with some wiz dome.. This is how things get made better from what Ive seen. One of us will tweek it and youtube it then China will mass produce it.
Supermarket has been around for awhile I doubt its just some made up Drama. I think alot of people are afraid to face our equipment has issues of its own so they lash out at anything that might burst their bubble. We need to speak up so these issues can be brought in to the light and dealt with. If not nothing changes.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Just rebuilt this Atlantis coil. 26g, 6/5, 1.5mmID, .5 ohm on the button. Wicked with KGD so no worries of particulate matter breaking off into my aveolis [emoji11]
dfe7f7e03280f2d0ad7c30f1f455d6e8.jpg

This coil is as beautiful as the other was nasty...Did you use a coil gizmo ? Hows it doing with flooding?

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
Just rebuilt this Atlantis coil. 26g, 6/5, 1.5mmID, .5 ohm on the button. Wicked with KGD so no worries of particulate matter breaking off into my aveolis [emoji11]
dfe7f7e03280f2d0ad7c30f1f455d6e8.jpg

Any chance you have a write up on your wicking method there or did you follow a video you might have a link to?

Specifically did you reuse the cotton sliver in that outer slot and then just wick up to the edge of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread