Warranty & Provari Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky
Couple quick questions all, was wandering how many ppl ordered the extra 1 year warranty and if you all thought that was a necessity? As in, should I order the extra year?

And another thing, is there Any difference between the Base Model (Satin Silver) and the Special Edition model (Chrome & Black) other than just the color?

One last thing, should I order the extended cap to use the 18650, or is the standard cap with the smaller battery just as good.

Sorry for all the questions and TIA for any Answer's. (Biggest question is there any difference between the two)

~Lumiis

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Lumiis,

If you plan to keep your ProVari for more than one year, I think it's worth purchasing the extended warranty. I chose to opt out simply because, regardless of how much I love my ProVari, I'll probably be using something else in a year from now...

All models are exactly the same with exception of the external color

I prefer to have the PV as small as possible without sacrificing performance. Both batteries will enable your ProVari to perform exactly the same but for different lengths of time. As Stownz suggested, it's all about how long you prefer for the battery to last you between swapping them out. It's simply a matter of personal preference.

Enjoy your new toy! :vapor:

p.s. If you don't mind taking a 2 hr road trip over the mountains, you can come play with mine for a while... :)

Last edited:

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
Couple quick questions all, was wandering how many ppl ordered the extra 1 year warranty and if you all thought that was a necessity? As in, should I order the extra year?

I've had two ProVaris since December/early January and I haven't had a single problem with either, but I still got the extra warranty. It makes me happy.

And another thing, is there Any difference between the Base Model (Satin Silver) and the Special Edition model (Chrome & Black) other than just the color?

Just the color.

One last thing, should I order the extended cap to use the 18650, or is the standard cap with the smaller battery just as good.

The only difference is how long you can vape between battery changes. I have both shorty batteries and extended, and use both. I switch them up. I'm equally happy with both.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
I opted not to take the warranty because all of my mods but one have been used an average of 8 months. If this becomes the second long-term mod (and it looks like it just might) then I'll self-insure.

I only have one ProVari (satin silver) so I can't compare the colors. No regrets (and no fingerprints), though. It just looks fantastic.

On the battery extender, I'm with Scott. I use them both. The only difference I see is in battery time. I also got the spider end cap for the base model. It was a small indulgence and I'm glad I got it.

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky
Wow, thanks all for the quick replies, I didn't expect as much. I've been reading Alot on this sub-forum and think I may take the plunge.

Is the only difference in the 18590 and the 18650 just the 6 mm. in battery length? Wondering how much of a difference there is in actual battery time in just this minimal difference. I only vape 3ml's a day, so I don't think it should be that much of a problem.

Again, thanks for the quick replies, makes me a little more comfortable ordering from someone with such a respectable following. Anyone can make a product, few can stand behind it.

~Lumiis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread