• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Book Are You Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Books that will transform everything you think and I highly recommend are these:

Velvet Elvis - Rob Bell
Barbarian Way - Erwin Mcmanus
Simply Christian - N.T. Wright
Blue like Jazz - Donald Miller
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years - Donald Miller
The Naked Gospel - Andrew Farley
Surprised by Hope - N.T. Wright
Crazy Love - Francis Chan

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Lady T, does he use the analogy of Joseph being sold into slavery and winding up innocent and imprisoned for 14 years? That's what came to my mind. That just sounds so awful! We never know where our brother's shoes have been until they speak about it.:(

Saints;
I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner! :oops:

I don't think the author sees his own imprisonment like Joseph's. At least it doesn't come across to me as such. I think his emphasis is more about how he views the un-Godly beliefs of the Communist Party. He does touch on the political side to his experience, and tries to give a well rounded view of what he went through.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Desert Rat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Daggett Ca.
Just found Christian vapors yesterday and have been reading for hours trying to catch up. When I got to this thread I am thinking about what I am currently reading/ studying. What a surprise LisaLisa me too the book of Enoch I found a commentary written by John D. Ladd also. Giants, flood, journey to the center of the earth,and the last days like the days of Noah. Talk about exciting this Book was written for us our time right NOW!!! Halaloooya

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Just found Christian vapors yesterday and have been reading for hours trying to catch up. When I got to this thread I am thinking about what I am currently reading/ studying. What a surprise LisaLisa me too the book of Enoch I found a commentary written by John D. Ladd also. Giants, flood, journey to the center of the earth,and the last days like the days of Noah. Talk about exciting this Book was written for us our time right NOW!!! Halaloooya

Hello Desert Rat! Welcome to Christian Vapers! :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread