What do you do with all of your retired vape gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Castle

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2014
Brownsville, TN, USA
I have not been vaping long enough to have any retired stuff. So far I am building my collection by buying a lot of stuff used, like my iClear 30 and iClear 16 tanks. I love them, but most people are on to other things so I can get them pretty cheap. Once my verification comes thru I plan on raiding the classifieds here to see what I can score.

This process has brought a little strangeness. I currently use a Vamo V5 with an MVP as backup, but I do not and have never owned a twist battery device. I know, it's a bit weird, but such is life.

The good thing is that because I limit myself to older used gear I have not wasted any money on the newest thing only to be let down.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I have not been vaping long enough to have any retired stuff. So far I am building my collection by buying a lot of stuff used, like my iClear 30 and iClear 16 tanks. I love them, but most people are on to other things so I can get them pretty cheap. Once my verification comes thru I plan on raiding the classifieds here to see what I can score.

This process has brought a little strangeness. I currently use a Vamo V5 with an MVP as backup, but I do not and have never owned a twist battery device. I know, it's a bit weird, but such is life.

The good thing is that because I limit myself to older used gear I have not wasted any money on the newest thing only to be let down.
I generally buy from my B&M, using coupons. I've bought an MVP 2.0 for $40, and two Nautilus tanks recently for $20 each. I also talked them into a Kayfun for $30.

My next step is a DNA 30 since I have a $60 coupon.

A lot of people on here talk bad about the iClear tanks but I love mine.

jdm1982

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
Stephenville,Newfoundland,Canada
gave away all my kanger coils and tanks with aerobases etc.ego twists are given away.a vv3 to my gf.use my 2 eleafs now with a mini nautilis and a full size with the hollowed out steelies for my everyday vape.

even though its now collecting dust, i cant bring myself to give away my mvp due to it being a good battery for charging the cell on the go etc. my last vv3 might be given away soon, but no ones getting there mitts on my little box mods.

from my cold dead hands ha

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Although I've only been vaping for a bit over a year, I, too, have an ever-expanding collection. Nowadays I mostly stick to rebuildables, but even those are beginning to accumulate. There's only so many rigs I can keep in rotation and still stay sane - I'll try to pull something different out a few times a week, but there are a few things (like my Vivi Nova tanks) that just don't come off the shelf much.

Once I get a few things taken care of, I think I am going to take a hard look at my inventory and start PIF'ing a few things here and there.

rob m

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I generally buy from my B&M, using coupons. I've bought an MVP 2.0 for $40, and two Nautilus tanks recently for $20 each. I also talked them into a Kayfun for $30.

My next step is a DNA 30 since I have a $60 coupon.

A lot of people on here talk bad about the iClear tanks but I love mine.

I would love to find a B&M that has coupons. I was at one new store today that wanted just under 100 for an MVP. Really have to look around before buying

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I would love to find a B&M that has coupons. I was at one new store today that wanted just under 100 for an MVP. Really have to look around before buying
This isn't a great vape chain by any means but when they put their page my local coupon mailer, the deals can be good. And $100 for an MVP is ridiculous. Their regular price is $65.

8ee34574ec72c56f19f4163436bc0595.jpg

The Nautilus was $20 which I used earlier today.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So far my retired eRoll and kanger tanks are just sitting in drawers; if ever I run across someone here who could benefit from any of it, I'll attempt to pay it forward as quite a few kind souls have done for me; otherwise, I figure my son might be interested in it one day; he used to smoke, and occasionally makes wistful noises about missing it, but so far not enough to either go back or try vaping -- but I think he does prefer the idea of taking of vaping rather than going back to smoking, so I hang onto my old stuff.

I've got quite a bit of ejuice that I know I will never use, but I don't know any vapers around here, to let them try it and see if they like it. I'm a bit amazed that I haven't ever seen anything about any kind of "vape meet" in this area, given the large number of vape shops around -- if there are that many shops, then there must be a sizable number of vapers, to support 'em staying in business. It's puzzling. :confused:

Andria

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Bought a drill and various bits to build with and to mod the airflow on my kayfuns, bottled out on the idea so I drill out air holes on old clearomizers and try to improve them and then give them away to smoking family members or friends along with juice to sample and my ego batteries. Definitely pay it forward:)

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
yes it is, so far the cheapest I have seen in a store was 70
It probably helps that they have 55 locations meaning they probably get better wholesale prices.

The cost of many of their juices, coils, kanthal, etc really suck though. As did the price of my RYO tobacco before I switched to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread