What do you think about new Aspire Atlantis product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettanomyces

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Pacific Northwest
The draw is way to airy for a high ohm coil from what I hear. Dunno. Just seems kinda gimmicky to me.

Isn't it adjustable though? I know with my nautilus mini I would like more airflow than what it has at the highest setting, assuming it wicks properly. I usually have to use the second largest setting to get high vg juices to wick properly.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
This is a question for advance users,what do you really think!(I know products is not in massive sales yet!)

It will be great for people who are too lazy to rebuild coils yet still want to get that sub-Ohm quality vape. I can easily rebuild coils (and used to) but have gotten to the point where I just want to throw something together and vape. I am not a hobbyist.

I've seen videos of this tank and it puts out massive clouds, so it appears to be doing it's job.

The only downside is they need to put a warning in their literature (they don't) about the possible dangers of sub-ohming. However, since this is targeted at noobs, most likely a noob will be using a regulated device anyway (so it will either fire it or it wont).

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I was in a B&M store a couple weeks back and listened to the shop owner tell all his patrons how these will run awesome on the MVP 2.0 devices they sold them all. I shook my head and left. I honestly think these people think these sub ohm devices will run like this.

You should have spoken up and corrected the fool. Guys like that have no business running a vape shop. It's people like him that's going to cause major regulations to come down the pike.

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
I think it definitely had to be done by the big companies with the hoards of sub-ohming folks touting how great sub-ohm vaping is. But to be completely honest, I've found that sub-ohming kills both flavor and throat hit. I've recnetly tried the sub-ohm coils for the Kangertech tanks and I've built a couple sub-ohm builds on my Mophisto and I honestly don't see the appeal. I'll continue building and vaping in the 1-2 ohm range. But I might be an odd-ball...to each his own. I'm more eager to try the Kangertech Subtank which allows for both a pre-built coil OR a custom build.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I think it definitely had to be done by the big companies with the hoards of sub-ohming folks touting how great sub-ohm vaping is. But to be completely honest, I've found that sub-ohming kills both flavor and throat hit. I've recnetly tried the sub-ohm coils for the Kangertech tanks and I've built a couple sub-ohm builds on my Mophisto and I honestly don't see the appeal. I'll continue building and vaping in the 1-2 ohm range. But I might be an odd-ball...to each his own. I'm more eager to try the Kangertech Subtank which allows for both a pre-built coil OR a custom build.

Your not alone bro i get a better more flavorful tasting satisfying vape at 1.2-1.8 ohms. mouth to lung is superior to me Vs lung hits the airier a draw gets the less flavor and satisfaction I get.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I picked one of these up at a local B&M today. This thing is awesome at 35w. This is definitely my new on-the-go vape!
The one gripe I have is the liquid capacity, this tank will run dry in 2-3 hours. 2mls just isn't enough for a coil that runs that low.

If you enjoy dripping at home, I would definitely pick one of these up for when you're out and about!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Seriously, if one is sub ohm zoning, and getting reduced flavor, throat hit, reduced anything, then ya ain't got it wicked, wrapped or aired right, or most likely a combination of all three.

sub ohm is just about power constraints, quick heat up, and vaporizing more juice during the same time frame. This increased energy input requires increased wicking potential, and air flow, and everything must be balanced and tuned to vape at optimal potential.

When it comes right down to it, a well built rebuildable on most any platform, has a much higher vape potential of any current prebuilt wonder.

Now if one wants a serious tank contender, Gus Estia 510 deserves a serious consideration. :D

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

DARKFIRE007

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
All of us who pay attention to what's happening in the community should be preaching safety, safety, safety. Some of the products out there don't come with strong enough warning labels. I just ordered an Atlantis, and will be using it on my Sigelei 100watt, powered by a matched pair of Sony VTC5's. I've never thought about this before, but teaching someone who doesn't know what they're doing how to build sub-ohm coils is like teaching someone how to make a bomb. Be careful out there! Be careful.

The Sigelei 100 watt will not fire it. Look up indoorsmokers review of the Atlantis on youtube. His Sigelei spit it out. Could have been a device problem, but I doubt it.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm a 7 weeks newbie (zero cigs for 10 days) and got an Atlantis and IPV 2s at the local vape store the day of my last cig. Since then my N mini and Egrip are relegated to backup. I find 8 watts and air on full open gives me all the vapor I need for 1.2 nic 50/50 liquid (ITCvapes). At 8 watts the taste and vapor quality far surpass my other devices, in my own opinion of course. If I was mentoring a beginner I'd try to start them on the atlantis and a compact 30 watt mod if they were confident enough to spend that money. (The DNA40 sounds interesting for all the safety features and I'll have that technology someday but I doubt I'm creating any of the risks it addresses at 8 watts.) Until something better comes along, two thumbs up for the Atlantis.

Edit, The Atlantis tank has increased the amount of juice I consume to the point where I'm thinking more seriously about blending my own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread