What do you use to vape Pluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofauxboho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've finally managed to track down some Pluid! It should be here in a few days.

I understand I can't use it in my Kanger T3s, and I haven't been terribly impressed with the flavor from my RBAs. I'm willing to buy some new gear just to have the perfect Pluid experience.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
You need a glass tank such as Phiniac, or IBTanked.

I've finally managed to track down some Pluid! It should be here in a few days.

I understand I can't use it in my Kanger T3s, and I haven't been terribly impressed with the flavor from my RBAs. I'm willing to buy some new gear just to have the perfect Pluid experience.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
MMRP is such a great vape juice because it has elements that hit all the sensory factors. So whatever you use, it should be the optimal juice. I don't know of any other juice that has that level of performance.
Some balk at the anise/licorice taste which is a large part of its flavor range, but not all (citrus, sweet), but many who did not like licorice end up liking Pluid just because it is so fully rounded...

Short of a good rba (which optimizes juice flavors imo better than anything else), a good dripping atomizer would be my choice... HH357, Aero, or AMG Hybrid b/f (which can be dripped).

No plastic tanks or bottom feeders with plastic bottles and tubes.

SLR (super low resistance) Genesis imo brings out the best of any juice.... I use Pluid in my Geni's and my Penelope too.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I use mainly these: Single Coil 510 DCTank Cartomizer - 5 Pack
I keep trying to get Ikenvape, but like you, I can never find them in stock. I would probably try Boge, but I like the flanged style, personally.

I have an IBTanked on the way. I'm wondering what the best cartomizer might be?

The Ikenvapes have been recommended, but they're sold out.

sofauxboho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Break your RBAs back out for the Pluid. Which one(s) do you have? If you haven't searched recently, there have been a lot of relatively new discussions/advances regarding setting up gennys.

I've got a AGA-T2 and a AGA-S. I've tried the Petar method with the drill bit, but I always end up getting this horrible burt flavor. I'm assuming that's due to hot spots. My coils always look great without the wick in there, and I can usually get them looking ok with a dry wick in, but once the wick goes wet they always taste burt and then I'm not sure how to troubleshoot them.

I've watched hours of videos, and fiddled for hours more. Not sure what to try next...

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
what gauge kanthal ?
sounds like a short... meaning its burning somewhere on the mesh.
is it a "burnt" or charred flavor or metalic? sometimes the new coil/wick has metalic until it gets some oxidization from the juice.
I'm not too good at this but with 28g wrapped 4 x (4/3) when i get .9 Ohms (which also depends on width of wick... ) its pretty easy. Any lower than that and yuck. too hot. and scary.
Of course I'm using hybrids and mechanical devices.
The thick wire 28g has some advantages for heat transfer and holding up with the voltage/watts... make sure the juice is always at the coil too... tilt.
I've got a AGA-T2 and a AGA-S. I've tried the Petar method with the drill bit, but I always end up getting this horrible burt flavor. I'm assuming that's due to hot spots. My coils always look great without the wick in there, and I can usually get them looking ok with a dry wick in, but once the wick goes wet they always taste burt and then I'm not sure how to troubleshoot them.

I've watched hours of videos, and fiddled for hours more. Not sure what to try next...

sofauxboho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
what gauge kanthal ?
sounds like a short... meaning its burning somewhere on the mesh.
is it a "burnt" or charred flavor or metalic? sometimes the new coil/wick has metalic until it gets some oxidization from the juice.
I'm not too good at this but with 28g wrapped 4 x (4/3) when i get .9 Ohms (which also depends on width of wick... ) its pretty easy. Any lower than that and yuck. too hot. and scary.
Of course I'm using hybrids and mechanical devices.
The thick wire 28g has some advantages for heat transfer and holding up with the voltage/watts... make sure the juice is always at the coil too... tilt.

I'm using 32ga Kanthal so far. I'd been trying to wrap 2.2 to 2.4 ohm coils, since I was using 3.7V non-VV eGo-C batteries. I've got an eVic now, so I have more flexibility. Should I be going with a lower ohm coil?

Will the 28ga Kanthal work better than the 32ga? I could buy some of that.

I definitely made sure that the wick was well saturated with juice (even dripping manually) but it still tasted burt. Maybe a bit metallic too, but mainly burned.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
you cannot use 28g with those devices... 32 is what you need and its much harder in my experience, which is not that deep.Look at the Zen youtube where he shows how to make a coil burn evenly. Also Almighty God (Duane) has some tutorials... I am in SLR territory and actually its easier to do but you have to have the equiptment... mechanical or hybrid devices.
I got very little satisfaction from my Cobra when teamed with a Provari.... ymmv and some are happy with SR or even LR 1.3 to 1.9 Ohm coils and a vv or vw...
I'm using 32ga Kanthal so far. I'd been trying to wrap 2.2 to 2.4 ohm coils, since I was using 3.7V non-VV eGo-C batteries. I've got an eVic now, so I have more flexibility. Should I be going with a lower ohm coil?

Will the 28ga Kanthal work better than the 32ga? I could buy some of that.

I definitely made sure that the wick was well saturated with juice (even dripping manually) but it still tasted burt. Maybe a bit metallic too, but mainly burned.

sofauxboho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
you cannot use 28g with those devices... 32 is what you need and its much harder in my experience, which is not that deep.Look at the Zen youtube where he shows how to make a coil burn evenly. Also Almighty God (Duane) has some tutorials... I am in SLR territory and actually its easier to do but you have to have the equiptment... mechanical or hybrid devices.
I got very little satisfaction from my Cobra when teamed with a Provari.... ymmv and some are happy with SR or even LR 1.3 to 1.9 Ohm coils and a vv or vw...

Thanks for all the great advice! What sort of device would I want to run a SLR coil?

I also tracked down the video you mentioned. This one, right? zenesis coil basics - YouTube

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
You need a Hybrid like the Zenesis or iHybrid or Juggernaut... etc... high end because CHina is not making these yet; its a new wave and they haven't caught up yet... they will.
The hybrids are designed with no connector (510) for one thing... their Gen atomizer is built right in, which gives more straight power from the batt - 1. no voltage interference of a connector 2. no electronics that limit amperage or protect against shorts; no wires 3. brass or other type of contact material for the button and pos. connection to batt which conducts power better as well.
Mechanical devices are made with a connector (510) for your 2nd party Genesis atomizers i.e DID etc ect but optimized like the hybrids.
These are all in the $250 range (hybrids), and 150 to 250 range (mechanicals; Poldiac, Gus, Caravela, Chi You, Roller, Dingo, ELA etc.)
Some are looking at cheap mechanicals ... you can look that up in the forums... "mechanicals for Genesis" but they are a compromise in quality and performance in the most part.

Thanks for all the great advice! What sort of device would I want to run a SLR coil?

I also tracked down the video you mentioned. This one, right? zenesis coil basics - YouTube

I almost forgot to say even at the high prices these are HARD TO GET

sofauxboho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for the advice! I managed to track down a hybrid at a launch event down here in LA and was even fortunate enough to have an experienced vaper show me how to set it up.

I'm vaping Pluid from it now, and I've gotta say, this thing kicks. No comparison to the clearos and carto tanks I'd been using. Glad I went with a hybrid like you suggested!

Now to get those AGA RBAs going...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use Pluid in a pyrex tank. I'm fortunate to have both Ikenvape Platinum and 510 Fusion cartomizers. I used single coil Smoktek's prior to the IKE's. I have an AGA rebuildable with a glass tank but I don't want to put Pluid in it.

I have a blog that has important and interesting information about safe juice devices for volatile flavors(#6), how to set up a cartotank (#5), a review of the IBTanked pyrex tanks (#3), a list of online vendor and links that sell pre-punched carto's (#2), and a primer on juice delivery devices (#1). You can reach these blog articles here:

E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread