What do you vape when you're sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I've had the flu the last few days. Of course, on one of the few years I didn't get the flu shot, it's one of the worst flu seasons on record, so totally my fault. Get your flu shot! Anyway, no sinus problems so I can still taste my juice. My throat hurts though so I've been sticking to smoother juices with less throat hit and vaping at lower watts. Arctic Cowboy from The Plume Room has been nice as it's a little minty, vanilla, and smooth tobacco.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
I got my flu shot (required by my hospital or I wear a mask...shudders) and I'm a very vocal advocate for getting one. I'm sure this is a nasty virus that is non-flu. Anyway, on my soapbox for flu vaccine: each strain in the vaccine gives you immunity against that strain. And every year there are different strains out there. The vaccine for 2012/13 gives immunity against the 2011/2012 prevalent strains. Yes, you may still get the "new flu", but as viruses stay in circulation for awhile, you will greatly cut your chances of being laid out like a doormat by the flu if you get the shot. That's my soapbox moment :) Feel better, Jerms. I just placed an order from TPR today and am looking forward to it...it shipped within an hour of ordering. That's service!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I'm very pro flu shot too, simple procrastination happened this year and I'm regretting that now. I've had a couple colds since I've started vaping and it suprises me how quickly I get over it compared to when I smoked. This is the first time I remember getting the flu since I was a kid. It's actually a fairly minor case, fever not too high, general fatigue and sore throat, achy.. etc. Like most guys though, I'm kind of a baby when I get sick lol. Of course, I had to call my mom right away so I could hear "awwwwww". What did you get from TPR?

Roidrage

Jul 20, 2011
Manila
Everytime I feel sick like the flu, just like everybody else, my taste buds are muted. It does not occur very often now since I quit smoking analogs 2010. I noticed that while my taste buds are in disarray, I can still taste coffee and peanuts fine. So I decided to mix e juice that I can still enjoy even with a flu. The outcome is a very simple coffee hazelnut.

In a 10ml FET bottle, I put in 1.2ml of my liquid nic (I was lucky to purchase 100mg / ml of VG nic) which would give me a 12mg juice. I then put 15 drops of FA Hazelnut flavor concentrate and mix it up with 20 drops of FAcapuccino. I then fill the rest of the bottle up with my pre-mixed 50% PG / 50% VGwhich I mixed in a 500ml bottle.

Voila! Coffee Hazelnut by Roidrage! This concoction willgive a very prominent coffee taste and the hazelnut adds in the aroma.

I hope this post can help someone.

Thanks.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Jerms, I got Candied Cavendish, Magic Melon Medley, Buttered Cinnamon Sweetroll, Creamy Chai, and Summer Peach. Branching out, shall we say....

Hope you like a couple of those. Candied Cav is awesome. The only other one I have of those listed is the Magic Melon. Kind of like fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA. I know many like it but it's a pretty boring fruit vape for me. I got it as a weekly special so it was cheap, but now I have about 25 ml that probably won't be vaped. You're welcome to it if it's a flavor you like.

Starting to get some cold symptoms as my flu's getting better, such as stuffy nose. Good time to break out the menthols and do some french inhaling. I've found that just about any nic ejuice helps clear up a clogging nose if I french inhale. Of course, if I end up totally stuffed, no longer possible. One of my biggest annoyances is trying to sleep with a stuffed nose.

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
Humidifier...definitely a necessity if you don't have one...air humidity should be around 40....the past two days being sick I haven't lugged the huge tanks to fill them...and my humidity fell to about 20%. Loaded those suckers up today and I'm around 35% now and feeling a little less stuffy. +1 also to the neti pot. Works wonders, and it's just salt and baking soda. As for both, make sure if you use them you disinfect them with bleach regularly to avoid making yourself sicker. End PSA now :)

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There is an outfit called Vapingmad that sells something called Koala High...it's eucalyptus and strawberries. I'm allergic to strawberries so I have never had it, but it looks intriguing, and they recommend it for stuffy head and chest. I asked if they could do it in any other fruit, and they are working on it.

Throttles

Night Time Watch
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Northern IL
I haven't been sick and don't really get sick....even though my two Germ factories always seem to. However I do love some Menthol Blast and have heard great things about the Honey Drops from deejstuff. Then Blast is my go to wake up vape.....try it and you will know why lol.

Link to the drops Honey Drops : deejStuff eLiquid, The Apocalypse can wait...

Last edited:

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
I had a moment of brilliant delirium, in which I mixed two drops of EC Blend Black Raspberry (100%VG) with a single drop of the Kringle's Curse in my drip atty...definitely that perfumy coughdrop taste. Then I realized (I'd forgotten?) how much I hate the taste of a cough drop and blew it out. Hoping to mend a little more today. My bakery juices are not tasteable and everything is still off.

Throttles

Night Time Watch
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Northern IL
I had a moment of brilliant delirium, in which I mixed two drops of EC Blend Black Raspberry (100%VG) with a single drop of the Kringle's Curse in my drip atty...definitely that perfumy coughdrop taste. Then I realized (I'd forgotten?) how much I hate the taste of a cough drop and blew it out. Hoping to mend a little more today. My bakery juices are not tasteable and everything is still off.

Sounds like busting out the not so liked juices time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread