What hardware are you using to get the best out of your aroma juice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
www.guttermouthelectronics.com
Based on observations of the fine guys and gals that hang out around these parts, there are a lot of similarities in tastes in juices and hardware.
I thought it would be interesting to have a dedicated thread for hardware discussion so that everything kind of stays in a central place and help new aroma devotees get to the good stuff faster.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
I'll go first.
Generally, i use vg heavy juices (all redtail line in aroma's case)so my wicking needs may be a bit different than everyone else's. i like things around 1.6 ohms and 3.6 to 4.1 volts (or 8 ish watts at 2.2 amps or so).my all day units are provari 2.5's (A stainless mini and black 18490)and here lately i've been enjoying the mini nautilus tanks but given the option, a 1.5 ohm kayfun with 6 or 7 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal and cotton or similarly equipped igo single coil dripper with the hole drilled out, i'm completely happy.
i also have a nemesis clone setup with a magma (that i love to death) that never gets used due to lack of on the fly adjustability and a seething hatred for the switch.

373420d1410596745-what-aroma-e-you-vaping-now-image.jpg

373421d1410596770-what-aroma-e-you-vaping-now-image.jpg

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I tend to use a Heron in hybrid mode on a GP PAPS and a Kayfun on a PAPS or ProVari. I think I'd be happy with pretty much any tank as long as it had a fairly tight draw and bottom coils. I have multiple Herons and Kayfuns, though I tend to use the Herons more often due to the ease of filling. Taste wise, they are pretty similar.

From what I've read in this forum, most people use ProTanks, Aspires or Nautilus's, or if they use rebuildables, the Kayfun.

Some people do direct drip in 510 Cisco cartomizers, but that is generally for straight unflavored WTA.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
This is a great idea for a thread Gutter! Keeps me from going off topic in the other threads too (and the guilt that comes with it)!

Rather than going into all my goodies in relation to Aroma flavors (95% of the flavor I use are Aroma....they just ARE that good), I will list them separately.

In my humble opinion, the quality of flavor with dripping can't be beat in a dripper. I have a mini Reo and a Woodville (dripping without the hassle). I have the Mini dedicated to Black Clove Darjim w/ WTA. (28 g 1.1- 1.2 w/ organic cotton. I've tried lower but the flavor gets muted/burnt). This juice is amazing but heavy on the residue. Every morning I change the wick when I refill the bottle. Sure it's an "atty eater" but so worth it IMHO. I'm all about big flavor and this combo does it just right. Am toying with the idea of using Ready Wicks but need to do more research. I'm much more handy with using a 1/16 to wrap my coils and then sliding the cotton thru. Need to find out if Ready allows easy removal (cleaning) and sliding back without having to remove the atty.

In my Woodvil, I have Mint, Mango Madness...oops, I mean Berry. Such a complex flavor- has many layers to it. I like it a tad cooler (1.4-1.5). So good! I used to shy away from heavy VG juices as I thought the flavor was lacking but Aroma pleasantly surprised me! The MMM does not need the cotton wick changed often at all. Maybe every 3 or 4'bottles (12 mls) at the most. The Woodvile is also a work of art (IMHO), she never leaves the house.

For me, the Reos aren't as front pocket-friendly as my other goodies, so they generally are my morning/evening friends. Im sure I could figure out how to get the Mini to be 100% pocket friendly but then none of the other devices would get any fun 

Part 2 to come......

Last edited:

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
So far I've been using mostly Kanger Aerotank Minis, which I like and fit in my pocket quite nicely, though I'm thinking I should move up to the Aerotank V2, as it should give me pretty much the same vape but holds more. I've got a collection of several of the Minis that are currently on one of four Innokin iTaste VV V3's -- I keep several flavors running at a time -- to which I have plans to add some combination of the new Provari V3 and/or SVD 2.0. (Plus maybe the new eLeaf iStick as an alternate when out, since it looks especially pocket-friendly.) I test new flavors on Cisco LR atty's and am always looking at drippers. For me, at least, I find 8 watts seems to be the sweet spot -- much higher and I feel like I start to lose the more subtle flavor notes.

I am planning on getting one of the many Kayfuns but haven't yet decided which one, exactly, never mind which of the thousand available accessories to get for it. It looks like there are some interesting new top-fill top caps that I'm pretty sure I want, but I guess I should get the Kayfun it'll go on first. lol.

... Am toying with the idea of using Ready Wicks but need to do more research. I'm much more handy with using a 1/16 to wrap my coils and then sliding the cotton thru. Need to find out if Ready allows easy removal (cleaning) and sliding back without having to remove the atty.

I've not quite finished my "due diligence" on READYxWICK, but it's looking pretty interesting so far and it's gotten a few glowing reviews. On their website (READYxWICK ~ Premium Soft Ceramic Wick) are links to a number of videos on rebuilding using READYx; it looks to be reasonably easy to work with.

Last edited:

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
After two years on the ego-c, I finally got what this vaping is all about. So, after year two, I got a protankmini to use on the ego 650mah batteries. That was way better, so, I decided more research was needed. So, this is my current inventory:
2-itaste VV3's- however, they do not last all day, so, one is always charging
1-iPV V1 35watt - newest battery for me (I am not sub-ohming, yet, so the 50w was not for me)
3-ego batteries, some are 2 years old! and going strong.

Toppers are:
3-protank minis- with afc valve- this is what I use when working, they go on the egos or the itastes (1 still in box)
1-SQuape Reloaded- currently has a 1.4ohm SS mesh/kanthal (28gauge) build- I just made it last night-first ever build for me-as the guy I got it from had put a new coil on for me and I had used his build for 1 month. I bought the SquapeR because of how well it is made and being able to chage out the decks and have many types of builds work on it and not short out. It was perfect for me as it has a 5ml tank. The minis require 2-3 fills a day: The SQuape R, only once is enough!
1-still in the box- protank3 regular sized-the mini look less awkard on the itastes. But wanted a bigger tank for travelling.
2- isticks on order-I like the smaller size compared to the itastes. The itaste is too tall for my work pants pockets.

That is all I have! I am jealous of all you people who have sooo much more. SQuapeR.jpg

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I am a fan of the cisco lr901's too. I do have a couple igo L's so maybe I should try some of that wick.[/QUOTE

I use an Igo-l (dripper) to dry out new flavors as well. OTD's comment about the Ready Wick peaked my interest about trying it and comparing to the cotton I usually use. Since it's super easy to take off that atty, rinse,and gently dry burn, this might be a great option to strengthen flavor even more. Thank you for the link KGie. Aroma has such finely-tuned and accurate flavors that I want to experience the most flavor possible. (Plus 40 years of menthol smoking did a number on my taste buds and I can use all the help I can get. Other than the superb WTA, Aroma's flavors are why I keep coming back.... In my book, they are Gourmet. The days of perfumey smelling and tasting e-liquids are long past. :)

Even though I don't use many of the tobacco flavors out there, I must say that P-51 WTA was a surprising touch of nirvana. I had it in the IGO-L, around 1.4 or 1.5 and ran it at 3.5 ish (certainly warmer than mint but not crazy hot.).

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Oh.
Gutter said he thought to start such a thread. Found it just now!

Aspire mini Nova's and Igo drippers. Oh yeah, a Patriot clone sent from an admirer, why have I not built the thing yet?
Aspire clearos on whatever battery, usually a mini lambo, the drippers on a Vamo and an SVD.

The KISS philosophy rules for this bag o' bones.

I run my maintenance vape, 24mg unflavored VG with an additional 8% WTA added, in the Aspires.

As Robin termed them, gourmet liquids, the Aroma line is best appreciated dripping.
2ohm coils with cotton for wicks running from 3.8 to 4 volts kept me a fine specimen of old fartdom. This is a good thing, really.
Then I tried the ReadyXWick last Friday I think it was and the cotton balls will now remain cotton balls. Cotton wicks no more cuz that RXW is the beeskneescatspajamasbetterthanslicedbread only way to wick for me now.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
Oh.
Gutter said he thought to start such a thread. Found it just now!

Oh yeah, a Patriot clone sent from an admirer, why have I not built the thing yet?

I run my maintenance vape, 24mg unflavored VG with an additional 8% WTA added, in the Aspires.

i thought you were just ignoring us!!!!! :)

you should build up that patriot - you'll dig it with all your new loot!!

Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Now for my ADV: P-38 w/ WTA. I fell in lust with this one over a year back and it never ceases to please me. My Trusty (never have to worry about) PV's are the twins: blue and satin silver Mini Provari's (2.5) and my Super T's Workhorse and itty bitty 13500.

As far as a tank topper, I started with cartomizer tanks, then to Protank types (Bottom Coil), then rebuildables. For pure, knock your socks off taste, I've been legally enjoying the genuine KFL over the last few months. I run 1.3 to 1.4 (below and the flavor is muted or burnt for me) at high 7 wattage. The next best flavor for me are the "old school" Cartomizer tanks. I like the standard Cartomizers better than LR.

The bottom line is to be happy, content with whatever process we choose and do whatever is necessary to stay away from cigs. I tend to like the ritual of maintaining my PV's and juice delivery systems but don't wish to tinker all day long . Then I wouldn't have the time to bump someone off the throne in that other Aroma thread.

Hmmmmm......feeling like a queen just about now....

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Regardless of equipment, I'm of the belief that Aroma ejuices fare best at a maximum of 15 watts. And that's the utmost upper limit. Aroma's flavors, both Aroma and Red Tail are delicate, ruined by too much heat. Additionally since 12mg is as low as it goes without diluting, cloud chasing with it really isn't the greatest idea. A few months ago I went through a spate of learning the cloud routine. I tried Unflavored 24mg WTA at 42 watts. I was seeing stars.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Regardless of equipment, I'm of the belief that Aroma ejuices fare best at a maximum of 15 watts. And that's the utmost upper limit. Aroma's flavors, both Aroma and Red Tail are delicate, ruined by too much heat. Additionally since 12mg is as low as it goes without diluting, cloud chasing with it really isn't the greatest idea. A few months ago I went through a spate of learning the cloud routine. I tried Unflavored 24mg WTA at 42 watts. I was seeing stars.

Glad you are back from your "adventure" Snort :(. That was a funny visual. Cloud chasing really looks fun but can't stand the rough taste.
I like your description for Aroma flavors as being "delicate." What also comes to mind is layered, nuanced, gourmet (no, you don't pronounce the "t" Gutter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread