What is the EVOD made out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marius_Kingsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hillsboro, OR
I've found that there are two common types of plastics used when making clearomizers: Polypropylene (PP) and polycarbonate (PC). The juices that tend to melt/crack/cloud tanks only seem to do so to PC tanks, not PP tanks (or so I've read). My favorite juice so far is Black and Blueberry flavor, and blueberry is one of those flavors that ruins PC tanks.

So...

1.) Does anyone know if EVODs are PP or PC?

2.) Has anyone had any experience with PP tanks cracking/melting/clouding with blueberry, or any other liquid?

I have a Protank just to be sure and that's what I'll put my black and blue juice in, but I also want to be able to try new stuff in my EVODs without ruining them.

AquaJoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Northeast, Pa
I havent heard about Blueberry cracking tanks? Mostly citrus and cinnamon juices are known for cracking tanks.

But I have been using Blue moo (Blueberry muffin) from Mt bakervapor in EVODs for a couple weeks now and havent had any issues. I also been using MBV Ecto cooler which is said to crack tanks, but is working fine in my EVODs.

I think the easiest way to tell if the tank is PC or PP is if it is cloudy or not. PP tanks are cloudy and PC are clear. So I would guess EVODs are PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread