What Magnets for FT Nemisis Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopy1224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Brick, New Jersey
Hi everyone. I got this Nemesis clone from FT this week https://www.fasttech.com/products/1448300. Works pretty well but I do hate the switch and would like to replace the spring with magnets. There seem to be a bunch of different magnet kits out there with some not working very well. Can someone recommend magnets that will work on this clone? Thanks.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Definitely agree that two magnets may not be enough. I have three in my clone (Hcigar) and it will easily support a Kayfun in the 18650 configuration. I also bought the extended pins from Fat Daddy which allows you to use the Nemesis trim ring with no battery rattle. My Nemesis clone feels rock solid now.

+2 with this opinion. FatDaddyVapes sells the best magnets I've used also.

xbshine

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
little falls (new jersey)
Definitely agree that two magnets may not be enough. I have three in my clone (Hcigar) and it will easily support a Kayfun in the 18650 configuration. I also bought the extended pins from Fat Daddy which allows you to use the Nemesis trim ring with no battery rattle. My Nemesis clone feels rock solid now.

hey gpjoe im also thinking about ordering the nemesis extended pins from fat daddy also,, quick question does the extended pins work WITHOUT using the trim ring at 18650 mode?

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
hey gpjoe im also thinking about ordering the nemesis extended pins from fat daddy also,, quick question does the extended pins work WITHOUT using the trim ring at 18650 mode?
Umm, well its extended. Meaning it's going to take up more space, ie extend the distance between the top cap and switch. So unless you've got a very strange 18650 that's 4mm or so shorter than it should be the battery will be about even with or sticking out the bottom of the mod when you use the extended pins unless you add the trim ring to add length to the mod.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I decided to the the Magnets from Fat Daddy along with the extended pins. Just couldn't wait for an order from FT.

You should like it and I use his button pins (shorter throw) all the time now. I rarely use the top pin though as I sometimes use a Kick 2. If I have problems with the battery length being too short I use the magnetic battery spaces which I have 4 off. I also sometimes use a fuse at the base the battery depending on the amps I expect from a give ohm/volt output which uses the beauty ring for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread