What model is Direct ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I just found out a friend has been vaping and he is very newbie to it. He doesn't know what model his ecig is compatible with (and I haven't seen it in person). He ordered it from Direct ecig (the $4.95 trial - and yes, he now realizes that he was scammed... but he has the product and I want to help him get supplies from a third party rather than having to spend more money to start over); however, I don't know what the equivalent model is. I have searched the forum and can't seem to find anything about it. Can anyone tell me what the equivalent model is?

Thanks!

jazdale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
Jackson, MI
i don't understand how he was scammed at 4.95. That barely buys a beer in a local bar.

Get a real e-cig from a reputable supplier. It will cost 49.95 (or more) and it will be appreciated once it is in his hands.
Convenience, battery life, product quality all play into the equation.
The initial cost is just that. There will be recurring costs (attys, carts, juices, etc) look at the total cost of operation.

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
i don't understand how he was scammed at 4.95. That barely buys a beer in a local bar.

Get a real e-cig from a reputable supplier. It will cost 49.95 (or more) and it will be appreciated once it is in his hands.

He was scammed because it was like the "free trials" that are advertised (except he paid $4.95 for the "trial"). He ended up being charged $99 for the kit plus they automatically put him on some kind of recurring shipment thing. And their cartridge prices were crazy.

I couldn't agree with you more about getting a reputable ecig. I couldn't tell from the picture what kind it would be. He said the threads are like that on my 510. I gave him one of my 510 cartomizers to take home to see if it would fit. I searched the ECF and couldn't find any info about the Direct ecig. When I search the internet, all that comes up are their own websites. I found a wiki list of ecig compatibility, and it wasn't on there. I figured if no one on the ECF can tell me, then I'm going to recommend that he start over with a KR808D1 or 510 (I have both and prefer my KR from V4L). I was just hoping someone would know if it is a common model so he wouldn't have to buy everything all over when he has already spent so much money. But, if it ends up that it is a proprietary model, I will definitely recommend that he start over. Just hoping I could find out that it was a 510, KR808, 901, etc and he wouldn't have to spend even more money than he was already taken for.

I appreciate your guys help.
I

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have one, it is a RN4081.

Thank you! I can pass this information on. I couldn't find it included in any compatibility lists. I knew what I thought it looked like, but guessing isn't great when it comes to ordering supplies that can't be returned. And that company's website does not seem the most user friendly when it comes to getting information not on their website. In fact, I couldn't find any information about their product from any third party websites. When I did an internet search only pages from their company would come up. He will be thrilled to know that it is not some proprietary item that is not compatible with third party supplies).

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I tried the DirectECig too, but was lucky enough to read 'Terms & Conditions' at the bottom... nicely hidden.
I got my RMA like real quick and sent that puppy right back. I used carts from my NuvoCig and didn't use any of theirs.. so far so good - that was a month ago and no additional charges. The company rep was very courteous and phone was answered promptly. Not the atomizer, just the plug on carts from NuvoCig.
This was when I was first getting into this vaping thing.
BTW, does "anyone" here know what model number/type the NuvoCig is? I have 2 nice batts for mine, and once the atomizers go, I want to get an adapter, coz I'm into cartos now.
Thanks, AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread